• Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,720

itachi

I got banned!
ISP
BSNL
VI
JIO
This guy charges my old relatives Rs100 for 5g upgrade.

Then I did some observation and over time I got many such reports about them.

They at times won't even deliver the prepaid sim if you book it online and ask you to come to their outlet and pick it when it is clearly mentioned it is free delivery.

I did not notice such a thing from other telecos especially Jio.

5g upgrade? I thought existing airtel 4g sim work without replacement. Airtel executives are indeed shady 2 weeks ago when I ported my number to airtel they opened airtel payment bank without permission also charged ₹51 as service fees

Yes ,for duplicate sim replacement they charged me Rs50 in one of their official airtel outlet which is supposed to cost only Rs25 ,Wrote to nodal officers via email sharing the payment details and description of how and where it occurred. Got my Rs25 back and recently went back to that store for Airtel Fiber enquiry that scammer was not there. Not sure fired or just was on leave that day.

I have already done the same due to some of the most horrendous experience with airtel. I'd be a fool to ever come to back to this blood-sucking company.

@Lolita_Magnum They rely on rebranding and aesthetic changes to con the population

In 2010

Now soon again

I am immunized against another Airtel variant.

I've been having a pretty unsatisfactory experience..these guys have been billing me for services I dont use for over 2 months. It's still under dispute and they're still working on it. Sad fall for a Co that in early '22 was IMHO the best ISP there is. All I say nowadays is be careful they've compromised on their customer support and resolution times. Plus they stick you with extra charges at the drop of a hat. If something goes awry with your bills or connection be prepared to wait for a resolution.

@shantam2005 it has been a slow steady deterioration in customer service since early this year. Their BB connection network works without issues, at least for me, but the CS, not really. They will drag their feet to the max extent possible.

My brother faced same issue. He was charged some amount while new Postpaid connection. And same amount was again billed in first bill.
Then had to make calls and visit to store to get back that amount.
I had to pay Rs 50 last month to get damaged sim replaced.
Worst experience is to close my postpaid family plan which is still in progress since last month.
But only Airtel works well at all places where I visit, so no choice to continue with it.

@shantam2005 it has been a slow steady deterioration in customer service since early this year. Their BB connection network works without issues, at least for me, but the CS, not really. They will drag their feet to the max extent possible.
Same experience. Their fiber connection has been almost without issues for the last 1.5 years for me, so continuing with them, in the past faced 1 or 2 issues which were promptly resolved by the CS but not sure how to get issues resolved now since their email support seems to be non existent and their app only allows to register a complaint when there is an LOS on the router (atleast for me based on my past experience).

Realised today that all my Airtel Sim's have Payments Bank activated. Now I know why those crap showroom people charged 50₹ extra at the time of taking the sim. Really shady things by airtel. Vi is far better. Jio baba is dead in our area. 5 Mbps speeds.

Last edited:
Never used Airtel Payments Bank, but the wallet thinks I owe them money.

Screenshot-20221118-200109-Airtel.jpg