Airtel EDGE Rs. 98 1GB One Month Validity Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 42,387
If you are at home/office with wifi set up,your idea is ok.I have no fixed line adsl connection and we like the flexibility of everyone working out of their notebook+ data card.I have three androids in the house . ( Galaxy Nexus for me,Nexus-s for wife,Nexus one for kid)Every one has one sim in android and another sim in data card.Only wife uses anroid phone as the principal phone (voice+internet) me and kid use Dual sim ordinary phone with long battery life for permanent voice nos.All are pre paid and you can imagine renewing voice pack,sms pack,gprs pack, 3G pack for data card sim/ android sim/ normal sim etc.My galaxy nexus has a 3G sim but I dont make much voice calls out of it.( only for data and internet,mail etc)since you are stepping out rarely, you can keep an extra pre paid 3G sim and keep a 2 gb/4gb data pack. Look for a carry forwardable data pack so that you just put Rs 90/100 for say 100/200 mb every 30 days it will keep renewing till you finish.🤔

ah well. i do not want another SIM just for data. i have already changed my number so many times over the last couple of years. i have decided to stick to my current one for a long time to come. sadly airtel would probably make it hard for me to stick to it. MNP has already failed once. and i guess i would eventually have to get a second number from some other service provider.

looking at the reports in the media, calling rates would go up significantly this year. smaller players are struggling which means that bigger players can stop with the price war and go back to the old days of high calling rates.

by the way, airtel seems to have finally processed it. i did not get any payment deduction message though which sucks.

Oh Yeah with 2g/3g scam and smaller players not able to service their huge loans (taken for liecence), many will sell out/consolidation (or in bakruptcy court) Big 3 or 4 will raise rates slowly ( already sticking in gprs and voice charges) 3G and BB over priced relative to income.( politicians made a bundle increasing the cost to the common man)I have permanent voice no's for long time in pre paid too.

in mumbai airtel gprs is slow... its very poor compared to vodafone

In chennai and Hyderabad Airtel speeds are on par with vodafone. 160-220 kbps.(20-30kBps)

I have noticed something with the GPRS recharges (98 & 149 rupees)The remaining data in the plan is not carried forward to the next month or recharge.Previously we could aggregate the remaining data over many months. Now, the moment you make a new recharge the unused data limit will be lost.

you need to buy the 3G pack to get 3G speeds.i don't think that the data balance used to be carry forwarded... it was always a 30-day plan. however, you had the option to kind of "top it up" earlier.

Been using edge on airtel for the past 2 years and it did work that wayAnyways for the whole of last year most people who enabled 3G got 3g speeds for 2G plan without 3G topups...

I have moved to 3g plan, 500mb for 200 bucks. Sufficient for my needs and good speed. In post paid, anyways the minimum edge plan costs 198 Rs.

I think a smaller plan with a lesser limit was activated in the interim. 3 day plan or sonrhing. Were you late in recharging?