• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 72,894

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
*First Switch on your TV

*Then switch on the STB {If your STB and TV has the same terminal then remove the power card wire from The back side of STB}}

*now after switching on the TV Switch on the STB
*Now it will Say ""Please Wait Initializing...""

*IMMEDIATELY PRESS EXIT BUTTON TWICE

*NOW QUICKLY PRESS 2465 FROM YOUR REMOTE

*THEN THIS WILL APPEAR

*DURING THIS PROCESS IF YOUR METHOD IS RIGHT THEN BOTH RED AND GREEN LIGHT OF STB WILL BLINK LIKE THIS

Now your Latest software update gets loaded in your STB and you can Enjoy with the latest software...

Please please please Do NOT use any other number keys other than 2465
Then you cant watch your channels....

Note: Credit goes to member who posted this info in other forum

Thanks for sharing the information with us. One quick question. The STB used in the example above is the newer model of STB. I have the one before this STB model. Will the same guidelines work for the older STB aswell ? Also how would I know if there is a new software available for my STB?

Ok Thanks Vipul. Also I have another question. I sometimes get a lag between when I change the channel and when the channel actually changes. Does anyone have the same issue? Is there anyway to fix this?

Hey Dude, It's common pbm with ADTV for all the users, invariable of the whether it's new or old set top box. It's a glitch with their software. Let's hope, this pbm gets solved one day with a new firmware update

lets hope so , one would expect Airtel to solve such an issue much faster than other companies considering that it can give a pretty bad name to their DTH serivce.

This didnt work for me in the beginning , then Finally what worked was - I kept the exit button pressed 2nd time till the light on top panel of my STB was just on constantly with a black screen on the tv and then I entered the code mentioned above. Thanks for sharing this. Appreciate it !

Does the new Airtel Set Top Box has any hardware changes? Can you pls share more pictures of the new box. Both front and back view

Ok alig,you can try the master reset of your STB.The procedure is as follows:Hold the following keys on your STB until the msg light blinks.Left, OK, Right, BackOnce you have done this.Swutch off your box and make ot on again.Set the language and your STB will be done as master reset.(will work with both old and new STB)

I tried the steps and got the software downloaded but it seems that firmware has not been updated. I checked the from system diagnostic and version still dates december 2009...

@Spr Its funny but when I updated mine, I think the lag is pretty much gone, there is still a little lag but not as much as it used to be, much better. I guess my firmware was kinna old.

Software update means Update and not Upgrade.This update is useful if ur stb was on Switch Off mode when the software was upgraded from the ADTV end.

^ I don't understand what you mean.Obviously the stb is on when the software is being downloaded, else how will i see anything on the tv.

Can you guys update everybody, when there is actually a new firmware available so we all can update our STB. Thanks! Also Can someone make a post about how to sync The airtel universal remote to the TV remote, I know there are a lot of posts out there about this, but there isnt one on broadbandforum.co and I bet it would be very useful for Airtel STB users. I would make one but I dont know how to sync . So please someone who does know, can you please make a new post for us. Thanks Again!