Airtel Down

• Thread starter Thread starter mikrotik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 390
  • Views Views 30,633
Down for me since 6 hours, engineers telling that some issue has occured at tower.

Finally back after 24 hours downtime, reason was main fiber cut at the tower by a monkey.

How can a small monkey cut the Fiber? 😂
Is that 2-4 pair fibre or the large orange or black one with many cores?
What main line does Airtel uses in your area?

It was the main fiber connecting OLTs to tower. IDK I am not monkey so no idea how did he cut it. 😞 24 ghanta waste kara diya.

Orange one is jio's connecting towers to towers. Airtel uses thin black cable, idk what core.

Main cables a pretty thick. More the cores, more time it takes for repair. Although 24hrs is too much. Lagta bandar bhagya bhi tha in logo ne.

@nishantt6969 monkeys have no interest in fibre cables. LOL! That guy is talking crap...it's done by some other company's LCO or rep.

@Chip monkeys have very much interest in fiber cable. A baby monkey snapped my neighbour's fiber in 2 pieces in front of me. He was angry because I scared him with cracker. Another day he was trying to bite my cable too but i reached on roof just in time.

Yeah, the kids are so fking annoying. And if you do any shit to them they will remember your face and definately try their best for revenge.

LOL luckily we don't have a monkey problem here in Pune except at the far outskirts of the city but especially near Lonavala and the ghat sections enroute to Mumbai. Yes, they'll remember the face alright...the younger ones are mischievous. I've seen them at my in-laws place. Heck man shared genes and all that. 🤣

• LOL
Reactions: SVK