Airtel Down

• Thread starter Thread starter mikrotik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 390
  • Views Views 30,627
line is checked recently due to low Rx -24 receiving now , and router is replaced also @mikrotik he checked on his phone .
If this problem gets fixed automatically after 6pm like yesterday something is wrong .

Ask him if the dp box from which they are giving you connection is full or almost full?

@nishantt6969 Guys more the lines that feed out from the splitter, poorer the signal. Either way if the RX is -29 or better (per Nokia's latest firmware) you're good to go. If you get -25 or better then that's best. The problem with the poster lies elsewhere..either lack of bandwidth (to the 'net) on the OLT or deliberate throttling some place as some user is hogging bandwidth. This is just a guess and only Airtel or the LCO can get down to the bottom of it.

Also, I would recommend testing only on wired connections and using a different PC. Trust me performance differs from PC to PC...as I recalled my experience with TPBB's 1 gig plan elsewhere on the forum. It went to 940 Mbps on their laptop but on my desktop PC (a rather good config) it was showing just 450-500 Mbps. The network card or chip can make big difference to performance. pfSense only recommends Intel NICs. my current one is a PCI-E Broadcom gigabit..a pretty old model. I need to upgrade/update it. 10G is out of the question for now.

@havoc and excitel guys do not believe in splitter/dpboxes? They provide connection from direct line?

You need splitters whereever you have to provide multiple connections. A direct connection to the incoming fibre can be given if there's no other customer in the locality/housing colony but that's rare at least in cities because as some point or the other for e.g. for providing more connections and expansion to other areas they will need to install the splitter box and maybe even signal boosters if required. No two ways about it. My BSNL fibre comes from about 1-1.5 km away (road distance) the fibre may take a much more circuitous route to pass via or through housing colonies. Similarly the TPBB OLT is about 2.5 km away...Airtel about 0.5 km away.

@nishantt6969 Bro as I said...I know where they are so can calculate the distance from my home. Again this is not cable route km but road route km...important to keep this in mind. The cable route is usually much long longer.

@Dravin is that the max distance? In that case they may have signal boosters in the path.

How signal booster works? What kind of thing it is?

@Chip there is no concept of signal booster. An Optical fiber amplifier is a tool used but it is used for a single wavelength, the airtel stream fiber uses two-wavelength of light one for transmitting(Tx) and the other for receiving(Rx), in two wavelengths it is complex to maintain optical power using an optical fiber amplifier!

Im gonna switch my btech to CSE instead sh11ty textile.