Airtel Down

• Thread starter Thread starter mikrotik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 390
  • Views Views 30,646
I remember when I was having this issue, download speed in kbps, that time my lco said the air condition at tower where OLTs are setup is not working and that is why the OLTs cant deliver proper speeds. One more thing might be an issue that is everyone in your locality are heavily using internet.

@nishantt6969 i told him but he says this cant be issue in locality its fiber . I think they implemented shaddy tactics after 17 June service , like only multiple connections download are given preference and single connection download is not .

Airtel is not known for such practices. So we cant be sure about it. Try resetting your ONT once. Is the ont unlocked one? You are on pppoe or static IP?

@Addicted_A1 I got a max of 30 MB per sec and average of about 18 megs a second...megabytes per sec on Airtel 300 Mbps using IDM. I had switched off TPBB so there's no load bal. File download size is 976 MB. I cannot access the thinkbroadband address for some reason.

@Addicted_A1 yep multithreads. It intercepts normal browser download. I have been using IDM for over a decade..nothing like it..tried even purchased others but IDM rocks. Just get a download manager and experience better speeds. Try IDM for starters.

@Addicted_A1 yep multithreads. It intercepts normal browser download. I have been using IDM for over a decade..nothing like it..tried even purchased others but IDM rocks. Just get a download manager and experience better speeds. Try IDM for starters.
But that thing wont work in Linux system upgrade thats the issue i can survive with normal download with any other software

@Chip appreciate ur effort but my linux system upgrade dosent uses multi thread for each package download it can use for multiple packages at once . So a nvidia driver upgrade internally uses wget that dosent have any threads for one link so im stuck with 41min ETA.

ok if you're using wget to get the driver then I guess you're stuck. But why can't u use the linux desktop and install one of those download managers? Use it to download the driver and then manually update it...possible?