Airtel Down

• Thread starter Thread starter mikrotik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 390
  • Views Views 30,625
Yup, my internet was down too from 12:30 am to around 4:30ish. Don't know what they were doing but it was under the umbrella " Technical issue" as per their sms.

@Rickysin what is the situation of packet loss on Airtel?
devicetests and packetlosstest.com are showing 8-9% packet loss.

Airtel has been down since yesterday evening. The static IP part.. PPPoE works perfectly. Raised a TT, guys came home within an hour and I had to explain the fault is at the NOC. They said they would chase up and get resolved. ETA for a fix is tomm AM.

I think they are changing Static IP routers in other words no more speed boost. If so I'll discontinue it and go back to PPPoE.

Airtel is down for me since last 2 hours. Didn't receive any maintenance message tho. I am facing browsing issues and random disconnections since last 24 hours on static IP, didn't check on PPPoE.

Both Static IP and PPPoE seem to be down as of now.

That's what you get after moving to Static IP. Very common. Static Gateway keeps going down 1-2 times in 10days.

If this shit keeps on happening on a regular basis then I'd have to surrender this connection and get a new one. Airtel won't move me back to PPPoE gatway, I have put up multiple emails, they simply don't respond.
But then I'd lose Amazon Prime and Hotstar OTT benefits if I surrender it. I am on the 1799 black plan.

@rajat_ yeah you will have to take new connection, they are so dumb they dont change BRAS to default one back if you disconnect static IP.

Fed up of frequent disconnections with airtel. This is 4th time in this week.
What is better alternative to Airtel fiber? Jio, Act, bsnl?

Most of the times it is red, but somedays it is all green lights but no internet, sometimes internet will be there but 1-2mbps.

If its red, just wait for it to be back again. No one can prevent fiber cuts and changing ISP will not resolve this issue.
For Green Led and no internet, its backend issue, are you on static IP?

I'm not on static ip.

Earlier I had bsnl and there was rarely an issue, maybe monthly once for few hours. My neighbors have jiofiber, their downtime is low.
Airtel takes atleast 1 day to resolve the issue.

One thing I observed is, someone in neighborhood complains to airtel that internet is down. They come and resolve for them. In few hours, our internet does down. I've been observing this pattern since few months. This isn't the reason all the time, but happens regularly.

Mine went down for a minute when I was in the middle of sending email. It never showed LOS Red light or anything. Just plain PPPoE disconnect. I wanted to get rid of Airtel ONU/Gateway and buy the Vsol V2802RH which is the talk of the town but I am unsure how to buy it. Surprisingly even my Net9Online connection went down at the same time. I am wondering if this LCO is getting it's bandwidth from Airtel. I might have to let go off Net9Online and get Jio for better backup.