• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,385

genie

woot !
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I received a small leaflet with my bill which says the speeds will be doubled for the following:below 512 kbps -> 512 kbps512 kbps -> 1mbps1mbps -> 2mbpsThere was small note at the bottom which said if data transfer limit if exceeded the speed drops to the speed before doubled.For example on my 1mbps current speed doubled to 2mbps, if the data transfer limit is exceeded then the speed is reduced to 1mbps ...cool huh ? :dance:

what exactly are the data limits then? my current plan has no data limits 😀

I received a small leaflet with my bill which says the speeds will be doubled for the following:

below 512 kbps -> 512 kbps

512 kbps -> 1mbps

1mbps -> 2mbps

There was small note at the bottom which said if data transfer limit if exceeded the speed drops to the speed before doubled.

For example on my 1mbps current speed doubled to 2mbps, if the data transfer limit is exceeded then the speed is reduced to 1mbps ...cool huh ? :dance:

so that means people like me who are on 512 Day/1Mbps night (turbo 1099 plan) will not get the speed upgrade.

what exactly are the data limits then? my current plan has no data limits 😀

There is no UNLIMITED plan by Airtel which does not have a data download limit. I use a 1 mbps plan and the data d/l limit is upto 100GB. The moment you cross this limit, your speed drops down to half, 512kbps in my case.

i can safely say that my connection does not have a 100GB FUP limit.

i am on 1mbps UL. i download around 150-200GB per month easily. never have seen my speeds drop.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

of course a lot of people have seen their connections getting FUPed. but you are incorrect to say that there are no users out there who have unlimited plans from airtel with no FUP.

so that means people like me who are on 512 Day/1Mbps night (turbo 1099 plan) will not get the speed upgrade.

As I understand everyone with speed upto 1mbps will get doubled

They have closed the doudle speed offer

They are going to double the speed for free to all* customers by June 2010.

* Everyone with below 512 mbps to 1mbps

well alright. i am pretty sure we have plenty of people on this forum whose accounts are being missed by airtel.

i can safely say that my connection does not have a 100GB Fair Usage Policy limit.

i am on 1mbps Unlimited. i download around 150-200GB per month easily. never have seen my speeds drop.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

of course a lot of people have seen their connections getting FUPed. but you are incorrect to say that there are no users out there who have unlimited plans from airtel with no Fair Usage Policy.

I am totally correct to say that there is NO unlimited plan by Airtel without a Fair Usage Policy. This is not information gained from some tom, dick and harry at the CCare no. 121 who are not sure about the right info themselves as no matter what they keep you on hold for a good 5 minutes everytime. This info. was confirmed thru the Airtel corporate office where a senior technical officer confirmed about it. This was 3 months ago when I first heard about it. Last month, my speed was cut to half the moment my downloads crossed 100 gb, which I posted about as well on this forum. Anyone can login to their airtel online account and check as to how many GBs have they used till then. The next 100 GB gets activated from the next billing cycle. Your account seems to be not functionally correctly, as in you just got lucky as may be your account is missed by the Airtel system somehow. The Fair Usage Policy for 1mbps limit exists for sure technically by Airtel. Any senior Airtel manager will confirm that.

am one among them i guess! i've upgraded my speed to 512kb/s from 256kb/s and 2 today i get the bill as Rs:725/- supposed to be 1099...and guys is there any plan like 512 in morning and 1mbps during night????

I received a small leaflet with my bill which says the speeds will be doubled for the following:

below 512 kbps -> 512 kbps

512 kbps -> 1mbps

1mbps -> 2mbps

There was small note at the bottom which said if data transfer limit if exceeded the speed drops to the speed before doubled.

For example on my 1mbps current speed doubled to 2mbps, if the data transfer limit is exceeded then the speed is reduced to 1mbps ...cool huh ? :dance:

I got tht leaflet too but ur speed should hav already been doubled by now. Didn't u get tht Rs 100 speed offer ??

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

am one among them i guess! i've upgraded my speed to 512kb/s from 256kb/s and 2 today i get the bill as Rs:725/- supposed to be 1099...and guys is there any plan like 512 in morning and 1mbps during night????

see airtel 1299

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

well alright. i am pretty sure we have plenty of people on this forum whose accounts are being missed by airtel.

ya nd they are giving excuses about feasibility also sukx

I got tht leaflet too but ur speed should hav already been doubled by now. Didn't u get tht Rs 100 speed offer ??

I got the Rs 100 offer but later they told me my plan was not eligible. By then they had announced this free double speed for everyone so I did not pursue further.