Airtel Double Internet Speed Offer Withdrawn

• Thread starter Thread starter testest123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,980

testest123

ISP
Airtel 384 kbps Ultd
You remember back in March-June time-frame when Airtel automatically doubled everyone's broadband speed for free. That offer is no longer available and Airtel has cut everyone's speed by half.I was on 512kbps before the upgrade, since last 5 months i enjoyed 1mbps because of that offer and now today i noticed that i am getting 512kbps. I called up customer care and the guy told me the reason of 512 is that Airtel has withdrawn the offer. Now all the customer will be thrown back to their original speed.I was shocked and surprised so I called another customer care number where you get charged Rs. 0.50 per call and that guy also confirmed me that Airtel has taken off that speed. I was so angry and sad that why am I not told about it in advance. I was not communicated before making my speed half. I logged a complain and told them to send me an email about the reason of setting my speed to 512.I got the complain number and now am waiting for a communication from them. I also asked for the other options, he gave me the only 2 options for HYD.1mbps - FUP 15GB (after that 256kbps) Rs. 1099+Tax2mbps - FUP 20GB (after that 256kbps) Rs. 1299+TaxThis is such a bad news to all the airtel broadband users 🙁 Suck :isorry:

Definitely sad. Hope they don't do this nonsense now.

I already unsubscribed them today for their fair usage policy

You should have been with them for 4-5 months then asked for some retention plans. They have amazing plans in that.

I got a reliance plan 3gb day and 10 gb night for 600 bucks. Plan cost is 1049 for new users. Those plans are not usually advertised and given to customers who have been with them for more than an year or two

even my speed also has been halved and those fellows are saying the same thing 😡

This is really bad for us the customer. First of all Airtel get all the good name in Media to provide double speed with no money and now they will not publish this to media about the half speed. They fail bigtime in capacity management. I am going to email them and show them this URL for such a negative publicity.

Download peed till now 2+ MbpsUpload 0.86 Mbpson Freedom 1699Also still no issue with FUP,while heavy usage of torrents.Till now, at least in my caseairtel rocks

I've changed my landline number recently due to some personal reasons. They took advantage of it and reduced my speed from 1 mbps to 512 kbps with 20 GB FUP. Previously it was 100 GB. My bad luck......

same here i ws doubled frm 256kbps to 512kbps with 100rs top upthen frm 512kbps to 1mbps with free speed upgrade.but nw my speed is reduced to 256kbps:impissed: im airtel customer for past 3yrs,i had no probs but airtel suckz nw.

You remember back in March-June time-frame when Airtel automatically doubled everyone's broadband speed for free. That offer is no longer available and Airtel has cut everyone's speed by half.

I was on 512kbps before the upgrade, since last 5 months i enjoyed 1mbps because of that offer and now today i noticed that i am getting 512kbps. I called up customer care and the guy told me the reason of 512 is that Airtel has withdrawn the offer. Now all the customer will be thrown back to their original speed.

I was shocked and surprised so I called another customer care number where you get charged Rs. 0.50 per call and that guy also confirmed me that Airtel has taken off that speed. I was so angry and sad that why am I not told about it in advance. I was not communicated before making my speed half. I logged a complain and told them to send me an email about the reason of setting my speed to 512.

I got the complain number and now am waiting for a communication from them. I also asked for the other options, he gave me the only 2 options for HYD.

1mbps - Fair Usage Policy 15GB (after that 256kbps) Rs. 1099+Tax
2mbps - Fair Usage Policy 20GB (after that 256kbps) Rs. 1299+Tax

This is such a bad news to all the airtel broadband users 🙁 Suck :isorry:

Hi,

At the outset, we would like to clarify that we have not withdrawn the additional speed given to all existing Airtel Broadband Customers in April . We request you to write to airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact & plan details and customer complaint number to help us address the issues you are facing.

You can also visit our FAQs page for any Fair Usage Policy related queries you may have.

Regards,

Bharti Airtel India

Hello Bharti Airtel India................... Are you REAL?...............

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

This is what sent by Airtel to me & i was given 1 mbps with 100 GB FUP. Now i'm getting 256 kbps after 8 GB FUP from 512 kbps http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3102/airtel.jpg

Hello Bharti Airtel India................... Are you REAL?...............

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

This is what sent by Airtel to me & i was given 1 mbps with 100 GB FUP. Now i'm getting 256 kbps after 8 GB FUP from 512 kbps http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3102/airtel.jpg

LOL you have been FUPd 😀

I love the speed of airtel 2mbps connection. They give the speed they promise. But i wish the FUP limit was higher, or they reduced the speed as per original plan and not a flat 256 kbps

Hi,

At the outset, we would like to clarify that we have not withdrawn the additional speed given to all existing Airtel Broadband Customers in April . We request you to write to airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact & plan details and customer complaint number to help us address the issues you are facing.

You can also visit our FAQs page for any Fair Usage Policy related queries you may have.

Regards,

Bharti Airtel India

if you have not withdrawn the offer why is that your customer care is insisting that it has been withdrawn? atleast the customer care in hyderabad is saying so!

This is Bharti Airtel India’s official id on the forum. To help us look into your issue, could you please share your contact details /customer ID with airtelpresence@airtel.in.

Regards,

Bharti Airtel India

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

if you have not withdrawn the offer why is that your customer care is insisting that it has been withdrawn? atleast the customer care in hyderabad is saying so!

Thanks for the feedback. We will certainly have this looked into. To enable us to look into your issue in particular, could you please share your contact details /customer ID with airtelpresence@airtel.in.

Regards,

Bharti Airtel India