Airtel disconnects frequently

• Thread starter Thread starter faraaz102
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,330
Your SNR of 5.9 is really low, it should be 10 or above. That could be the cause of your line loosing sync.

is there any soln to avoid it

Call Airtel up and tell them, they will send someone over to check and see, it could be a fault in the line.

i already done that and he said that my line is clear and changed my modem.is there any settings that i can change in the modem to increase snr

At that SNR there is definitely something in your line, not the modem, the line is what should have be checked for breaks etc. Check your splitter and see if the modem port is what the line is going into.

ok ten i will check the line for breaksmy splitter has no prob. i tested the connection with the phone line directly connected to modem w/o splitter and still it disconnects

Yes. ( earlier MT882 ) Airtel IP 122.164.51.100 all ok. Your SNR Downstream is almost same. ..SNR Margin (dB): 31.4 11.9 Attenuation (dB): 12.0 28.9 Output Power (dBm): 1.4 -21.2 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 25604 1971 Rate (Kbps): 2063 519 This freq disconnection sudden only today ?

Yes. ( earlier MT882 ) Airtel IP 122.164.51.100 all ok. Your SNR Downstream is almost same. .. This freq disconnection sudden only today ?

I cant confirm ip. i had 4 disconnections after last post. i have tis prob for the past 5 days

Go to diagnostics page. does not matter. Everytime you connect and disconnect anew ip will appear. Can you change the dns now to 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 in TCP/Ip properties.

Go to diagnostics page

Test the connection to your local network
Test your ENET(1-4) Connection: PASS
Test your USB Connection: DOWN

Test the connection to your DSL service provider
Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: PASS

Test the connection to your Internet service provider
Test PPP server connection: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: PASS
Test the assigned IP address: PASS
Ping default gateway: PASS
Ping primary Domain Name Server: PASS

Go to diagnostics page. does not matter. Everytime you connect and disconnect anew ip will appear.
Can you change the dns now to 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 in TCP/Ip properties.

sure

yup changed tcp/ip

Sorry . in diagnostics page of MT882 both the default gateway and assigned IPs appear.But not in Beetel modem. Your modem settings seems ok. Any improvement is felt now. ?