Airtel disconnects frequently

• Thread starter Thread starter faraaz102
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,351

faraaz102

ISP
AIRTEL
My airtel line keeps disconnecting very frequently,the 2 lights in the beetel adsl 2+ modem just go off and come back almost immediaely. i Called technician he came said no problem in line or modem..just for my sake he changed splitter ..now again problem has started ..what do i do..please help

I had the same problem some 5 or 6 months back. the middle two lights would go off (link and data light of modem). several times i called the CC and technician came and couldn't quite figure it out what the problem is. I too didn't give up. I called again and again, but the same continued for about one month. But to my surprise, it got corrected somehow 😕😕.From then on, my airtel bb works fine without any disruptions 🙂.Try using USB cable to connect modem and comp.

I had the same problem some 5 or 6 months back. the middle two lights would go off (link and data light of modem). several times i called the CC and technician came and couldn't quite figure it out what the problem is. I too didn't give up. I called again and again, but the same continued for about one month. But to my surprise, it got corrected somehow 😕😕.
From then on, my airtel bb works fine without any disruptions 🙂.

Try using USB cable to connect modem and comp.

Guys..check you modem firmware.. i got the same problem 😛 when i was using 3.0 version.upgrade your modem firmware problem solved 🙂.check the thread latest firmware Thread under airtel broadband.

Those two lines sync and data led goes of because chennai server is upgraded with 2mpbs line support and BOD support( i got this info from airtel rep when i complained the same prob.. to CC )

if u don't find the firmware pm me i will send you the link.

exactly the same problem i was facing in ver 3.0.but after newer firmware upgrade my problem vanished.did you upgraded your modem firmware...?

cFosSpeed is a network driver that optimises data transfer through
Traffic Shaping. This technology allows cFosSpeed to minimise ping
times while ensuring maximum data throughput and Voice-over-IP quality.
For more information see cFos Highspeed DSL / PPPoE und ISDN CAPI FOSSIL Treiber - Traffic Shaping

Main features of this version :

* Vista Sidebar Gadget. There is a Speed Gadget in the cFosSpeed installation
directory. It can be installed by double-click and shall
inspire you to create your own sidebar gadgets.

* Bugfix for users with several network adapters. This fix should
solve a lot of connectivity problems! Now cFosSpeed also runs better
with third party software, like Hamachi.

Looks like a good tool
but i would want to know your thoughts about it essbebe,
i'll only use it if you recommend it, so it is a thumbs up or thumbs down.
:redface:????????????????????

cFosSpeed is a network driver that optimises data transfer through
Traffic Shaping. This technology allows cFosSpeed to minimise ping
times while ensuring maximum data throughput and Voice-over-IP quality.
For more information see cFos Highspeed DSL / PPPoE und ISDN CAPI FOSSIL Treiber - Traffic Shaping

Main features of this version :

* Vista Sidebar Gadget. There is a Speed Gadget in the cFosSpeed installation
directory. It can be installed by double-click and shall
inspire you to create your own sidebar gadgets.

* Bugfix for users with several network adapters. This fix should
solve a lot of connectivity problems! Now cFosSpeed also runs better
with third party software, like Hamachi.

@mac I have tried it and found it useful long back. Just got an email from the company,and thought I will post this program in the forum. Gamers may find it useful. As I don't download much or d/l from torrents , tried it and uninstalled it.

G.Dmt is the most commonly used Modulation.
G.lite and T1.413 are a primitive to G.Dmt but still these 3 are used by Airtel for all plans running below 2mbps.
If you are not on the 8mbps plan then you might as well uncheck the rest of them.
Also you could try using 1 of the 3, till you find the one which is more stable.

DONOT Uncheck Bitswap
If SRA is enabled it might lower your top download speed for better efficiency.
Reference the image below.:redface:

http://i19.tinypic.com/6kqygzt.jpg

is there any improvement in your side.. better call CC to trace out the problem.in chennai the service is good.they attend your complaint within 24 hrs..in my case they always come instant..😀

yeah i tried cc ,they came promptly..but the damn internet did not disconnect for 1 hour while he was there..he checked all and found it to be fine..anyway he changed spplitter and went..maybe i should ask him to change modemn ext time