Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,080
Yet another update to this. And final with respect to complaints that I made because everything is resolved.They have finally removed "Airtel movies 1 and 2" logos from their channel list page. Earlier those logos gave impression that those channels are included in the packages and free if you buy the package.They have now also given 3 games free.iAstro and iNews services as per my package are also enabled.iDarshan and iGoodlife that i mentioned earlier were actually trial offers and i mis-took them as activated as per package.

So finally ur issues have been solved.....good!!

Yes, looks like few other people must also have complained. That is why they acted upon. Otherwise I didnt follow up, because i dont use games and iTv services anyway.

engineer said... might cause problems in rain... i hope it doesnt cause problem... because i got DTH based on last year...there were days of non-stop rain in mumbai not many reported too much problem.

We had rain in Mumbai today.. yep first rain of the year!!

And "ka boom"... down went the airtel DTH!! 😀

I didnt check much as i was in a hurry for something.. so just switched it off.

will check in coming days.

I think that shudnt happen if u have HD connection, coz Dish is very large.....i dont know about my connection though, coz i am not at home!!

I think my dish is almost 3 ft in diameter. I think that wud be largest.

Dont know about that, but HD Dishes are generally wider than Standard dishes. The installation guy was telling me. But i have forgotten the dimensions.

Yesterday it went down again... this time for 30-45 mins!!If this continues like this.. i will have to go back to cable. 🙁Because rain in Mumbai can last for 4-5 days non-stop.. 4-5 days without TV wud be unacceptable.

Grrrrrrr... went down again.. this time for 30mins...NONSENSEI have complained to airtel.... if this is going to happen all 4 months of monsoon then i will have to switch back to cable operator 🙁as of now i wudnt recommend anyone to go for airtel dth.---just realized i said same thing in previous post!

I called up home to know the situation with D2h.And they said that when it rained first time, the service was down for 30-45 minutes. But after that, no interruptions even when it rained.FINGERS CROSSED!! I hope it continues flawlessly ahead as well!! I think this shud be coz of Wider dish. The engineer had told me that in small dish i might have faced regular interruptions, but it shudnt happen in this wider one.

Oh great.. that way.. tomorrow they will count ALL channels in channel count.. and then say "paid"... where paid will IMPLY "a-la-carte paid"...

i.e. channel is included in our offer that we mentioned.. but shown only if u pay for it !! WOW!

seriously i was earlier thinking of videocon.. but i took airtel because i wanted more movie channels.. and i was happy seeing "4 additional movie" channels... now i realize... I HAVE BEEN FOOLED!

I have reached only Page -6 of your thread, but cant resist mentioning here that your research on the Net was very poor as far as the Terms and Conditions are concerned. Specially this part "Oh great.. that way.. tomorrow they will count ALL channels in channel count.. and then say "paid"... where paid will IMPLY "a-la-carte paid"...i.e. channel is included in our offer that we mentioned.. but shown only if u pay for it !! WOW!"....this is what you have paid for already while availing a new connection so there is no way they can't offer you these. What you read regarding Pay per View are generally called as Additional Terms and Conditions.

----------

Achha, i checked the Airtel site.....the list of channels shows "Airtel Movies 1/2/3"......thats a misleading thing then!!

I guess you need to check 2 things after you decide a package based on the cost, i.e. Package Features and Channels
http://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/dth/Bharti+DTH/Packages+for+you/Browse+packages?REGIONID=61&REGIONNAME=DIGITAL%20TV%20HD

Okay, so here is the reason why am I going through this thread.Recently (In March, to be precise) I purchased an LG 47LE5500 in Bangalore. I have Tata Sky SD connection since 3 years. I didn't immediately switch over to HD DTH since there were not many number of channels available in the market. Now, I have planned to upgrade to HD DTH (No HD DVR, only HD), and I am mighty confused between TATA SKY and AIRTEL.In my 3 years with TATA SKY, I had to call the customer service only while shifting my residence. Apart from that I never had to call them, the service was flawless, atleast that's what I experienced. Now, I am confused between TATA SKY and Airtel because-1) Airtel has Movies Now HD whereas TATA SKY has Star Cricket. I would prefer a 24hr HD Movie Channel rather than a sports channel.2) If I count only the Annual Offers that too which include all channels currently offered by both the operators, then Airtel comes to 5900/- and TATA SKY to 7200/-3) Read many reviews regarding poor Airtel CC, while from personal experience TATA SKY is trouble free so far.4) Came across multiple articles that point to TATA SKY's capacity constraint. From what I have read and heard the increase in TATA SKY's channel count is seriously dependent on the next satellite launch by ISRO, and that too sometime in 2012. I dont know to what extent this info is correct, but if it is then its not good news.5) Information available on Airtel website is ambiguous. When I called their CC for inquiring a new connection they said that Ultra and South Ultra are the same, but if I see the Annual Entry Cost for a HD Connection, then Ultra is priced at 5900/- and South Ultra at 6100/-. If everything is same then why the price difference, even though its only 200/-.6) I am not sure if Ultra and South Ultra pack on Airtel includes all channels offered currently by Airtel just like Mega Pack in TATA SKY offers all channels except Topper. TATA SKY has clearly mentioned this whereas Airtel is just not bothered.7) Also, can somebody please provide a precise answer on what's included in TATA SKY HD box and AIRTEL HD box? I heard that TATA SKY provides all kinds of wires, i.e. HDMI, Component / Composite, etc., but Airtel provides only HDMI.Any suggestions / inputs from you guys is highly appreciated. Just make sure, it has to be either TATA SKY or Airtel

If u want all channels, good CC, reasonable pricing & also assurance of getting newer channels in future, then D2h cud have been an option for u. They give u Platinum HD pack annually for around 4850 or 4900. That pack includes all the channels available on D2h platform - meaning it includes the 12 True HD channels. So u get two 24 hour English Movie channels & also 24 hour Sports channels in HD - ESPN & Star Cricket both in HD. Apart from that theres a travel channel in HD, to go with the other Star channels in HD.
It also assures that any new channel added to D2h will be automatically updated in ur Platinum HD pack.

BUT......the condition u placed in ur last line is the biggest hurdle here!! 😀

If u want all channels, good CC, reasonable pricing & also assurance of getting newer channels in future, then D2h cud have been an option for u. They give u Platinum HD pack annually for around 4850 or 4900. That pack includes all the channels available on D2h platform - meaning it includes the 12 True HD channels. So u get two 24 hour English Movie channels & also 24 hour Sports channels in HD - ESPN & Star Cricket both in HD. Apart from that theres a travel channel in HD, to go with the other Star channels in HD.
It also assures that any new channel added to D2h will be automatically updated in ur Platinum HD pack.

BUT......the condition u placed in ur last line is the biggest hurdle here!! 😀

Thanks for the reply. I will have to recalculate the annual costs now as somewhere in my subconscious mind I was considering Videocon as well. Was not letting it come to front since I was not sure about their service and broadcast quality. Do they indeed provide 5.1 surround sound on HD Boxes? How do the HD channels look? I am asking this since I havent seen them in person yet.

I can be quite sure that we get 5.1 ch sound in HD DVR boxes which i am using myself. And to me and few others in this Forum - Picture & Audio quality are pretty much upto the mark. We dont have any issues.

But there are few others who always complain about the Picture & Audio qualities! Informing u both sides of the stories, so that u can take a fair call! 🙂

----------

Otherwise overall the service is good - that most of the people around here agree. So u can be assured of good support.