Airtel Digital HD STBs are now Recorder! VOD & Catchup TV also added

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 25,132
the advertisements/info's coming in the channel change infobox is a real downer. and the font size needs to be increased, it is way to small now.
Yes. Another irritating thing is message icon in Yellow colour. It seeks attention and cant really ignore it now. Earlier it was not that bright and big I guess.
Programme information is also reduced and takes time to load.

Recording facility not working. showing me this service will be launched shorty

Same here.Even customer care not informed about this service.They are telling that you have to upgrade to HD recorder to avail recording facility.

The UI reminds of the the current Tata Sky HD UI. Seems as though they've decided to take one positive aspect from Tata Sky for their new look.

Follow these steps:
1.Call CC and ask them to activate "Recording Topup free" to your account.They will keep on saying this is available only for HD recorder boxes,But you have keep requesting them to add the topup to your account.

2.After adding the topup,check your online portal that whether it is added.Here is a Screenshot:

3.Now connect external hard drive with a capacity of more than 80gb.

4.For recording,you should buy a recording remote from your dealer.

5.Or else,you can try this method:

Lol Its working again

Aviral,
I have called Airtel CC a thousand times to activate the recharge free top up on my HD STB but no one knows about it and now when i call CC it goes to IVR asking me to send SMS CALL to 54325 to arrange call back.I believe they blocked me from calling CC.Any idea how can i activate that record free top up

Thanks in advance

Tweet them!

I even tweeted them thrice but i get a std reply we will get back to you soon

Tweet them!
Aviral Ji,
Finally I got recording top up activated. I dont have hd dvr remote but i have Philips prestigo sru8015 universal remote which can learn"http://www.Amazon.com/Philips-SRU8015-37-Prestigo-Universal/dp/B000WEFRY8". Is there a way I can learn those record/play/pause buttons alone.i don't want to spend 400 bucks for that hd DVD remote as I have 100 $ for Philips remote

Thanks in advance
Sub263

I already have the Airtel Recorder, it's the SD recorder and not HD. Obviously the recording top up is already activated. I wanna know whether can we view the recorded stuff on a PC and if yes, then is there any way to record stuff on an external HDD on the Airtel SD DVR?

Aviral Ji,
Finally I got recording top up activated. I dont have hd dvr remote but i have Philips prestigo sru8015 universal remote which can learn"http://www.Amazon.com/Philips-SRU8015-37-Prestigo-Universal/dp/B000WEFRY8". Is there a way I can learn those record/play/pause buttons alone.i don't want to spend 400 bucks for that hd DVD remote as I have 100 $ for Philips remote

Thanks in advance
Sub263
You will need a Airtel Recorder remote to configure your philips remote. So if you know any technician well of airtel ask him to configure your remote and offer him chai-paani 😛
I already have the Airtel Recorder, it's the SD recorder and not HD. Obviously the recording top up is already activated. I wanna know whether can we view the recorded stuff on a PC and if yes, then is there any way to record stuff on an external HDD on the Airtel SD DVR?

You cant view the stuff on PC at all.