• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 25,124

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Couple of days back there was some software upgrade I guess. After this upgrade Menu/UI has completely changed on for Airtel Digital TV STB.
And there are 2 new features
- STB now supports external Hard disk through USB, so now STB becomes Recorder.
- VOD and Catchup service has been added. (By catchup TV Service, we can watch old programmes broadcast on various channels)

I have not yet tried above services, but I am planning to buy new hard drive for using with recorder service. I hope its free.

Recorder Service -

VOD/Catchup TV Service

Looks like DishTV's idea is really catching on!

DishTV was first to introduce this feature. And VOD was brought by Tata Sky. Now Airtel has got both features 🙂

Interesting! I haven't received it yet. Anything you need to do to get the update?

You can try manual update by following the procedure:

*First Switch on your TV

*Then switch on the STB {If your STB and TV has the same terminal then remove the power card wire from The back side of STB}}

*now after switching on the TV Switch on the STB
*Now it will Say ""Please Wait Initializing...""

*IMMEDIATELY PRESS EXIT BUTTON TWICE

*NOW QUICKLY PRESS 2465 FROM YOUR REMOTE

A minimum capacity of hard disk is 80 GB and for VOD minimum capacity is 8GB.I think it is too much.I want to use only my 2GB pendrive,just for recording 1-2 hour prog.

You can try manual update by following the procedure:

*First Switch on your TV

*Then switch on the STB {If your STB and TV has the same terminal then remove the power card wire from The back side of STB}}

*now after switching on the TV Switch on the STB
*Now it will Say ""Please Wait Initializing...""

*IMMEDIATELY PRESS EXIT BUTTON TWICE

*NOW QUICKLY PRESS 2465 FROM YOUR REMOTE

Ah, thanks man ! It worked 😉

The recording services are pending activation from Airtel's end.
We need to activate recording service from Airtel???
I thought we need to just plug-in HDD and it starts working...

I need to check it yet.

Yes its correct gives a message need to contact customer care. But i doubt they have any info on that.
Plus HDD should be formatted in FAT32 or it will as you to format the HDD

----------

Called customer care they have added some free topup for recording...Need to check if it really works.!!! and for catup TV we need Airtel Broadband connection

----------

Ok the service disabled nag is not there and it has started recording on my external. So will report after an hour if it actually recording or not

----------

Okay i was able to record and play. But i could not find anything how to pause the recording or fast forward it. I mounted the HDD on laptop and checked. There are many files but the biggest in size is filename.STR

----------

Okay i was able to record and play. But i could not find anything how to pause the recording or fast forward it. I mounted the HDD on laptop and checked. There are many files but the biggest in size is filename.STR

We may not be able to Pause recording as our Remote control does not have Pause key.I guess Airtel should provide some on-screen keys or provide new Remote 🙂

Hey guys,

Just to dig in the details, Airtel hasn't launched the recording facility officially as yet for HD boxes. It'l be done after they officially launch VOD and Catchup TV.
To add recording after launch you'd need to order the DVR remote costing 450 bucks and add the free recording top up as in HD DVR.

For recording you need exterbal 80gb+ hdds and 8 gb+ PDs for VOD.

----------

@ abhi: Welcome to IBF 😉

Thanks man 🙂