Airtel (Delhi) New GRPS plan for Postpaid Rs.98 pm - 2GB download

• Thread starter Thread starter Sapney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 33,176
a tip to save money on recharges, do a 98 recharge, then 1 day before it expires, do not renew it rather do a Rs 7 or Rs 45 rechargeRs 7 - 1week and 50 MBRs 45 - 1 month 100 MB Rs 30 TTatleast for me this extends the remaining data in my account, and as i dont use more than 200MB/month(sometimes close to 300), the initial 2 GB lasts for quite a while as you get this additional data.The above will be beneficial for anyone who uses less than 1GB per monthAlso, this is unlikely to last for long as this is happening due to airtel implementing FUP by giving data transfer of 2GB on unlimited(98 recharge). If they had made it truly unlimited, then this bug would not have come up

I have subscribed to this service and it is just working great for me. But i am facing some issues with speed and network with airtel and because of that i am not getting able to enjoy the service properly. 🙁

I also subscribed to this service but the only time the speeds are decent is early morning and I get connection failures from late evening onwards. I called Airtel CC twice and first they sent me settings then on the second call I had to enter settings manually then it started working but then stopped working the next evening.
By the way you have to call 12118 for GPRS troubleshooting which is NOT toll free. The CC guy even told me that according to TRAI guidelines they only have to provide a toll free complaint number but since GPRS is a technical issue they do not have a toll free number for it.
I'm going to cancel this and go back to the zero rental GPRS plan.
Oh and for the people responsible for 3G launch, Mobile number portability roll-out and now this toll free complaint number fiasco :clap:

Guys , can any one tell me the APN and other settings for this particular plan , My handset is not compatible with MO .

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Also when I send " INTERNET " to 121 , it says "This is for WAP compatible handsets only" . I am using a HTC Dream / Tmobile G1 .

Sorry for double post , I can't edit posts for some reason

Hi guys! Just wanted to give my feedback. I just finished my first months subscription of this plan and i have to say I am pretty satisfied with the plan, I think I pretty much only used close to 100mbs. The speed was slow but not too slow either, I have tried BSNL edge, Airtel is far better speed than that. My main usage was checking emails , replying even emailing pictures close to 2 mb. downloading applications, streaming music, surfing the web, Audio Podcaste. Although the plan has a limit of 2 Gbs , its pretty ok even if you are an intensive user. (Note - I have only used the data on my Phone, didnot use it to surf from the computer) .

I'd also like to share my experience with this 98 pack on my Airtel post paid in Pune. I'm a heavy internet user but use Airtel GPRS only on mobile and not pc. Mostly i block images in my opera mini as pages load faster without images. My monthly usage on Airtel GPRS is between 50 to 150 MB despite my heavy usage. The main reason for this is the amazing page compression by opera mini. If you are not using it on your pc, then trust me you are Never going to cross 500 mb take my word for that. (I now hope that Airtel comes with a monthly pack of 100 or 200 MB with rental of less than Rs. 50 🙂

Hi guys! Just wanted to give my feedback. I just finished my first months subscription of this plan and i have to say I am pretty satisfied with the plan, I think I pretty much only used close to 100mbs. The speed was slow but not too slow either, I have tried BSNL edge, Airtel is far better speed than that. My main usage was checking emails , replying even emailing pictures close to 2 mb. downloading applications, streaming music, surfing the web, Audio Podcaste. Although the plan has a limit of 2 Gbs , its pretty ok even if you are an intensive user.
(Note - I have only used the data on my Phone, didnot use it to surf from the computer) .

There already is a 100MB plan

Rs 45 gives 100MB(for 30 days) and Rs 30 talktime
Rs 7 gives 50MB(for 7 days) and Re 1 talktime

But is it available for postpaid? If yes, what's the procedure to activate it?

Well I would still prefer this plan because of the Huge Data usage margine i.e. - Rs. 45 - 100 MB/ Rs 98 - 2Gb. I think mostly this month I was at home, so internet usage was not that much, if I go out and would be totally dependent on Airtel Edge the usage would definatly increase but not upto 2Gb. maybe ~500mb.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I activated this for my Mom's Postpaid plan. Just call 121 and ask them that you want to activate 98 - 2Gb plan and they will activate it for you, also they will send you the settings. Activates within 2 hours but really for me it was literally activated instantly.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

@mehrotra.akash Good to see someone from Manipal.. I graduated from KMC Manipal as well. Cheers!!! 😉

Well I would still prefer this plan because of the Huge Data usage margine i.e. - Rs. 45 - 100 MB/ Rs 98 - 2Gb. I think mostly this month I was at home, so internet usage was not that much, if I go out and would be totally dependent on Airtel Edge the usage would definatly increase but not upto 2Gb. maybe ~500mb.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I activated this for my Mom's Postpaid plan. Just call 121 and ask them that you want to activate 98 - 2Gb plan and they will activate it for you, also they will send you the settings. Activates within 2 hours but really for me it was literally activated instantly.

I have no idea about postpaid availability

Also it works out to Rs 15/100MB as you get Rs 30 talktime so as long as your usage is

Any idea on how to activate the plan ? My usage is only ~ 150mb , so i guess this plan is better for me .

Today my Edge was down pretty much the whole day! When I called 198 to register the complaint, I told the lady that I have to send a very important email, she put me on a hold for a while and then came back and told me that I need to call 12118 to register compaint for this but I have to wait for another 4 hrs, to register the compaint because there was some thechnical issue, and then she hungup on me, as if she's doing me a favour. I dont know which part of I have to send an important e-mail she didnot understand. I expected people at Airtel CC to be a little more Professional than this.

where to check the usage for postpaid

There is no way of checking the usage (in postpaid)! Shocking, isn't it? Spent a lot of time today talking to Airtel- they confirm there is no way of checking usage. I wonder if the charges beyond the free 2GB will reflect in the daily unbilled amount, for which one can subscribe.

Even the usage within 2GB is reflected in the unbilled amount, and later we get the discount in the bill.