Airtel connection help

Sandeep

:( Still having problems here. I paid for 128K ulimited

This is my problem

when I download a file using windows download manager I get only 4-5KB. :angry:
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest
reports my speed at 40kbps

But when I use a download manager I get 12-14KB per sec during downloads.

When I check my speed at Airtel site it shows about 110Kbps
http://speed.touchtelindia.net/

Could you please post the speed that you get when you download a file, when you do the speed tests? I want to compare this with other users of the 128k U.
Please post the speeds when you download without a download manager and with a download manager.
:)

blr_p

Regulars
I only use ftp, but at night 8-10pm the speed reaches 12-13KB/s. I also download over SSH so there might be a hit of 1KB/s with that ?During the day it varies, anything from 6KB - 10KB/sThe 128k unlimited gives approx 64-80kbs if you average for the day.Using IE to download i notice the speed between 6-12KB/s.

blr_p

Regulars
With bandwidthplace i get 67kbs and 1MB file download 2.1 minutesand touchtel gives me 112.20kbps !!!my downloads currently are at the former speed.

A

abdulrahman004

Waah!!...a 128kbps dsl connection giving only 64-80kpbps in morning....atleast BSNl doesnt do that

Sushubh

Administrator
aah. 1 GB bandwidth limitation! No customer support! atleast Airtel does not do that!

cyberwiz

Is that the norm for all 128 K users :eek: 67 kbps on 128 kbps line is unacceptable... thats almost a 50% drop they seem to be goin down the drain as well :(c'mon guyz some more posts are needed here to analyse the overall service of Airtel.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
well, the speed majorly depends on from where u're downloading...like when i download stuffs from my client's website (in US) i get a measly speed of ~16 kBps, which is half of what i get otherwise :)