Airtel closes complaints unilaterally i.e. without taking any action at all

• Thread starter Thread starter kookaburra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,563

kookaburra

ISP
BSNL 3G
Since last 6 days, i am not able to use Airtel GPRS at my home and the nearby area. But it works fine when i move approx 1.5 km away from my home.
So the problem should be basically in the nearest tower to my home.

So, i registered 2 complaints on 23rd March.

1. SR 42771391: For network: It takes painfully too longer to catch signal when you restart your mobile. And then you have to dial multiple times to get through.
2. SR 42771391: GPRS doesn't connect at all.

Both the above things are only applicable to the nearest tower (Warje Malwadi) to my home in Pune.

After my complaints, within 2 days, Airtel closed the complaints saying that my issues was resolved.
On asking what exactly they did, they came up with all the strange explanations like you have problem with 3G, so 2G complaint closed etc.. VEry weird and unprofessional.

Dear Airtel Presense,
you should rename yourself as "Airtel Total Absense".
Also, please don't spam this thread. You can get my contact details by using the complaint numbers above.

After 6 days, i am still looking for GPRS connectivity at my home.

your pursued them through twitter or telephone calls?

your pursued them through twitter or telephone calls?

You can pursue them through twitter?

they are actually more likely to help you out if you target them through twitter. because it is a public forum, they do not like negative tweets against them.

they are actually more likely to help you out if you target them through twitter. because it is a public forum, they do not like negative tweets against them.

yeah
that's why i put it on this forum and twitter today..

(The sad part is, not just airtel, but most of the other operators too don't treat customers' complaints properly)

Additionally,
I used tata docomo for 8 months (postpaid) and i can say that there was no GPRS/EDGE outage at all.
But i have seen frequent GPRS disconnection.. that too lasts for days.. with airtel.
But sadly, i had to leave tatadocomo because of their network problems.

Update: different people from airtel called me in the last 3-4 days and they registered that much number of complaints with their own resolution dates. No resolution till date. (Except on 27th evening, i did see gprs working on Airtel 2G with a "G" sign instead of "E" .. and that means i can conclude that airtel is atleast working on it. )

Finally, after close to 15 days of GPRS outage, Airtel did solve the problem. (on 2nd April around 7 PM)But for that, i had to call them numerous times. I also had to activate 3G so that i could access idea cellular's 3g network (in maharashtra circle, airtel uses idea's and vodafone's 3G network) and pay them higher. Airtel hasn't even talked about any kind of compensation. Isn't 15-day GPRS outage a serious issue? My experience: Customer care representatives are stupid and semi-literate. Lesser you have to speak to them, the better.