Airtel Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter Vince
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 10,965

Vince

Regular
Hi guys,i'm planning to cut off my BB connection and erconect to another provider in a month...Airtel's plans are very confusing for me, as even their offers vary from place too place.So if any of you have any info on any new offer in Chennai, please mention it here.Thanks.Vince

airtel maybe confusing to u 😛 but it still provides the max reliability and a value for money deal 😀

2 New plans effective in Chennai from September 1, 2005 are:Home 600 will have 128 Kbs unlimited downloads is 600 rs monthlyHome 900 will have 256Kbs unlimited downloads is 900 rs monthly

i did'nt get what you meant..but NO it is'nt a temporary plan.. Its permanent from now on..both plans remain permanent

Originally posted by ronscores@Sep 23 2005, 01:12 PM
2 New plans effective in Chennai from September 1, 2005 are:

Home 600 will have 128 Kbs unlimited downloads is 600 rs monthly
Home 900 will have 256Kbs unlimited downloads is 900 rs monthly
[snapback]26049[/snapback]
[/quote]

i want to know whether is it mandatory to have airtel phone line along with modem..
becos i want to use exisiting phone line...

Originally posted by krc678@Oct 26 2005, 01:20 PM
i want to know whether is it mandatory to have airtel phone line along with modem..
becos i want to use exisiting phone line...
[snapback]29558[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes it's mandatory to have airtel land line. But it comes free with your Home 699/999 Plan. you need to pay only for the outgoing calls. All the incoming calls are free.Out going calls are charged at Rs 1.00/1.10 per pulse in Home 999/699 plan .

u can refuse to take the handset and use the line for internet only... that ways you do not have to think that their is another telephone line in home. apparently airtel phones are lot better than government ones. they come handy at my place all the time.

Airtel phones are far better than the mtnl ones, the voice reception is excellent... Airtel is offering almost simillar plans all over the country depending upon their feasbility.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 26 2005, 01:52 PM
u can refuse to take the handset and use the line for internet only... that ways you do not have to think that their is another telephone line in home.
[snapback]29566[/snapback]
[/quote]
Dumb...Dumb..idea. Why captain why ? It's free...only have to surrender it when u discontinue. Given the way things are going, not anytime soon.

Take the phone and replace ur existing BSNL one with it. No way now you can make calls on the airtel line.

I have used dynamic call locking on the airtel line, only time i use it is to call their CC for free.

It comes with caller iD..and yes it works with the BSNL lines too.

Airtel knows only too well not many ppl are going to dump thier hard earned BSNL lines that easy, this is why they stopped charging a monthly rental.