• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 14251
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,171
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14251

Recently i had to lose considerable amount of money due to bad policy or cheating nature of airtel, though part of blame is on my side as i did not do proper research before doing.

Incident 1: I got Apple watch and there is no way i could use with airtel prepaid and it needs post paid connection. Not sure why it needs postpaid? Due to this, i had to forfeit my main balance around 200+ and yearly validity plan having more than 250 days. And ported out to Jio prepaid as it supports apple watch.

Incident 2: My mom uses old Nokia keypad phone and only for calls. Last three years, i was using yearly plan in that phone, but data was always unused. Now i did not want to use yearly plan again, as its getting expensive just for calls. So decided to move to Jiophone plan and waited till expiry of the yearly plan in airtel number. Once its expired, airtel was not allowing to send porting message. Here is my mistake, i did not research well enough and assumed myself, message was failed becas i did not had any balance. So recharged with 10rs, still message failed. Again with a frustration, recharged with 100rs with an assumption that is minimum amount needed to active plan.(again my mistake). Even after this message did not go through, finally realized i need an active plan which 99rs. So attempted different ways of trying to convert that 110s main balance to 99rs active plan, but there is no way it is possible, airtel blocked all the USSD options and customer care is not helpful. Finally i had to recharge again for 99rs and ported out to jio 🙁 So i dont understand why airtel allows topup main balance when it cannot be used anyway? As long as if the phone has active plan, then allowing topup is logical, but when there is no active plan, why ? 🙁

This is done by all telecom providers in India, yes airtel is devil who brought all this rules, including 28 days = 1 month, no incoming/outgoing sms ,calls, without validity recharge. Airtel is most anti consumer company. Pople will say jio but in jio you receive calls, sms without validity recharge unlike in airtel, vi.

I fail to understand how do you blame the company.
In the 1st incident, it is their policy, you don't like it? You have option to make the choice.
2nd Incident, companies blocking the port sms is wrong but you making multiple recharges on your own and then cribbing about it, is on you.

Bottom line, if you don't like a particular company policy you have options. There pros and cons of every company and you won't find all the policies that are suitable to you.

^I think you didn't read my message properly, I did mention part of the blame is on me... But why on earth, someone will allow to accept some money which could not be used? Only cheats would do right? I'm talking about allowing recharge of some x amount which cannot be used in anyway? Ethically, recharge should have failed when there is no active plan exist in the number. Or it should have allowed to use the main balance for the plan activation. The thing is, they indeed had those options earlier, but removed now with the sole intention of grab(steal) as much as possible.

“money which could not be used”
Try to make an international call (ISD) and you’ll understand why Airtel allows main balance top up. The fault here is that as a consumer, you weren’t aware of the nature of various types of recharges that exist today. It’s the same case with other operators too just fyi. Maybe next time, it would be smarter to just visit the Airtel store or even any regular mobile recharge shop. The shopkeeper will know better.

Packs determine validity and benefits. Main Balance is only an auxiliary add on for the use of ISD calls. You can roam the entire nation and make unlimited calls and data, all with with zero balance.

^this is the problem here, people does not understand or does not bother... So companies like airtel riding on us. The thing is I clearly mentioned, when there is no active plan exist, one cannot even send a simple port out a message, how someone would do recharge for isd call? See as long as active plan exist, then allowing top up is logical, but not other way around.

Because that is premium number and it has been mentioned in TnC. Your problem is you don't read the TnC and now crying foul.

^I'm not sure what you're upto.. I replied above poster's message where he said, with zero balance we could make unlimited calls and topup is needed only for ISD. So my response was, you are wrong, main balance iw needed for 1860 series too which is not isd, neither we could make unlimited calls with zero balance.

In fact i clearly quoted his message and you are on your own imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.