• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,400
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMe

Its Me only.
ISP
ADL
Bharti Airtel, the country's biggest telecom player, has changed the name of its broadband and telephone services unit to 'Telemedia Services' as it gears to launch internet television and DTH operations.

"The change of name is in line with our strategic intent to change the face of this business with the advent of media and SMB solutions," Bharti Airtel CEO and President Manoj Kohli said in a statement.

This name change is in line with Bharti Airtel's growing focus on new media solutions and its foray into IPTV and DTH businesses. The Direct-To-Home (DTH) business, broadband and voice business among others would now form the clear thrust areas for telemedia services.

With this move, Bharti Airtel is poised to play on all the three screens mobile, PC and TV. The soon-to-be launched IPTV and DTH initiatives will help the organisation fortify its offerings in the infotainment domain, the statement said.

The creation of Telemedia Services will support Bharti Airtel's transition towards high customer-focus by its alignment along product, customer and functional verticals, it said.

Airtel changes name of broadband & telephone services unit- Telecom-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

A good move IMO.

That's great news, pity about the name 'Telemedia' tho, it sounds so bland & generic.I guess their marketing budget was a bit starved, with all the new plans etc.

Initially their land line wing was called touchtel and one fine day they abandoned it and called airtel itself. Now again, its back to a different name. Dont know when they will merge again.

Hi,
I think Airtel's this step is a congratulated one. And also it provides telephone services and Internet access over DSL in 15 circles. This will become a great Telecom industry.

----------
martin

widecircles

Status
Not open for further replies.