Airtel Changed my ONT

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
Airtel states that due to my higher number of clients and broadband plan, to sustain that they need to upgrade/change my ONT.
Device details is as follows, please do share it it's any good and if anyone is using it.
Our home has approximately 15-25 clients, using approx 5TB+.

Old device- zte f670l
New device- AOT-4221SRV Sercomm

Update: it's utter crap, port forwarding doesn't work, port trigger works but only when protocol set to all, can't access local device using the public IP, but is accessible from the wan. Irrelevant ddns options, that don't even work, tons of options either greyed out or blocked from changing, can't ping from wan, can't disable wifi and a lot more.

Thankfully it has bridge mode and I did just that, testing now. Hope it's stable.

The zte one was miles better than this downcast.

This Sercomm ONT is pure crap. I got it exchanged in two days since they couldn't enable bridge mode on it.

I got this ONT a year back. I could enable bridge mode from the interface, but it didn't actually change anything. Even the Airtel support team was stumped. Some said bridge mode is enabled on the device, while others didn't know that this device even supported bridge mode. Thus, I got it replaced with the Nokia

hmm.. must be some mistake in the configuration, weirdly I am able to login with the same PPPoE credentials, across multiple devices at the same time.

@havoc No, it's a standard residential INR999 connection. I don't know-how, I asked airtel support once/twice and even they don't know-how.

The below screenshot has usage just for my desktop, if you count usage for my other devices it will be a ton a lot more.
ssss.png

@dkdhanda8 Business connection requires your GST ID, with GST Address to confirm for installation.

Been many months now since I got airtel, and I did not experience any data caps or speed throttling.