Airtel CEO claims they are doing home delivery of SIMs amongst other things (Rs. 200 per home visit)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,497

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Dear Customer,
We have now been in lock-down for over 40 days and have entered a new normal. Our 45,000 strong workforce continues to be on the field to serve you and we are grateful that all of them are safe. We are now in the next phase of this journey as the world slowly starts to open up.

Over the last few weeks, we have delivered several initiatives to address your queries/concerns. This includes new capabilities of SIM delivery to your home, doorstep KYC, "Work from Home" solutions, conferencing and security services. Many of you have experienced these. We have also received numerous compliments about our network and how we have stepped up our quality during the COVID crisis. On behalf of the entire team, Thank you.

Yet, we know we are not perfect and given reduced capacities at our call centers, some of you may have faced challenges. So, if there is anything else that we can help you with, please do let us know. We have enabled several channels for you to reach us. Digitally, you can raise your queries/complaints through the Airtel website or the Airtel Thanks App. You can also drop in a request on our IVR by calling 121 from your registered mobile number.

One of the benefits we have been able to pass on to you during this time is a best in class Home experience. We added massive capacity well ahead of the curve to meet your growing demand. We also launched a pioneering technology (Wi-Fi calling) to ensure you get a brilliant calling experience indoors. This technology ensures that weak mobile signals deep inside your home are now a thing of the past since it switches your mobile calling seamlessly over the home broadband network.

Some of you have asked us how best to help your friends and family experience Airtel Services (Mobile, Broadband or TV). We would be delighted to do what it takes to welcome them into the Airtel family. All you need to do is to let us know what they need here.

I also want to reiterate that your safety is our #1 priority. Any Airtel employee that visits you, whether to solve an issue with your existing connection or for a new installation will maintain the highest level of hygiene. In addition, every one of our staff has been trained on ensuring we deliver a "contactless" experience.

As always, if you have any suggestions or comments for us, do share with me by replying to this email.
I wish you the best of health.

Gopal Vittal
CEO Airtel

Just noticed this ad on the forum.

airtel store in my sector is still not back to working. a friend did tell me that he has seen them open for an hour or two on some days. i haven't seen them operational during any of my visits.

Attachments

• 1729395995278003727.webp
    1729395995278003727.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Got this message yesterday I believe

Airtel Services now at your doorstep. Reach out to our Airtel Ambassador from the nearest Airtel store on xxxxxxxxxx for requests related to SIM issue/duplicate SIM, payment collection & new mobile connection with a service charge of Rs. 200/visit

cool. i ended up paying 500 for dad's dead sim because the guy had to come from a pretty faraway place with an expired pass.

should add here that he gave me the option to visit sahara mall where he would have done it for free. that was kind of a painful thing to do at that time.

Last edited:
my local airtel store was finally open today. i have been told that it opened for an hour or two on some days earlier as well. but this was the first time i saw it open since the first lockdown. long queues outside. i believe they were only letting one customer.

Dear Customer,
As we enter the fifth phase of lockdown, restrictions are lifting in large parts of the country. But as this happens, there seems to be even more uncertainty. While each of us are worried about the safety of our loved ones, there is also growing concern about incomes and jobs. This is clearly not helped by a continuously evolving situation as districts and cities keep changing advisories.

At Airtel, we empathize with this uncertainty. So as each of us adapts to this new context, there is one thing we don't want you to worry about - your need to stay connected.

Some of you have been unable to visit our stores during the lockdown. Our Retail Stores are now open across most locations. You can click here to find the store that is closest to you. To make sure our staff and you remain safe, we will take all the necessary precautions.

If you prefer to be served at your home, we now have a Concierge Service and would be delighted to come to your home. Whether it is delivery of a SIM card at your doorstep or an installation of a broadband or DTH, we can do it all. Our field teams have been trained on a new contact-less delivery and installation protocol. Click here to let us know what you want delivered and we will get to it right away!

For those of you who want to manage all your requirements on the go, our Digital Channels have been made even more simple. With just a few clicks, you can now recharge your Mobile/TV, pay your bills, buy new services or raise a complaint from anywhere. All you need to do is download the Airtel Thanks App or visit www.airtel.in. Here you will also have access to exclusive rewards and personalized offers as #airtelThanks member.

Finally, if you want to help someone get access to our services or help pay their bills or recharge for them, we have our Super Heroes initiative. More than a million customers have already enrolled into this program and have helped many more millions stay connected. To each of our Super Heroes, Thank you for doing your bit. To enroll as a Super Hero, click here.

As always, if you have any further suggestions or comments on how we can serve you better, please let us know by replying to this email.
Yours Sincerely,

Gopal Vittal
CEO Airtel

Last edited:
They have stopped home delivery of SIM cards - both prepaid and postpaid (Karnataka circle). One needs to visit the store. They should stop advertising this on their website.

Wasted my time waiting for the agent. My request for MNP SIM is stuck.

Attachments

• 20200905_183513.webp
    20200905_183513.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 246
Getting a sim delivered at your house is so bad. Want to get dad's number ported to airtel. Have applied for mnp twice now. No status shown in airtel app. No calls from anybody. Customer care is dead with ivr panel. And they tout same day sim delivery on their website. Pathetic