Airtel Capped my Speed at 1MBps

ISP
Airtel
Hi All,

I have airtel unlimited plan, but apparently I seem to have exceed the 3.3 TB cap set by airtel.

Now my speed is at 1MBs and I have over 15 days for the plan to reset. I am working from home and 1Mbps is just not enough.

I called airtel up saying I will pay just get my speed back but there is no response. Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Based on your usage, I imagine your best option would be to apply for a second connection. Airtel used to have smartbyte top-ups. Not sure if they still do. They would probably be too little for your usage.

Change your plan, hopefully that would reset the limit. Use to happen in past not sure though. But still give it a try.
How you managed to breach 3.3TB in 15 days?

Get a business plan, pretty much same pricing and you get to yell at their customer care representative if they restrict your bandwidth again.

Last edited:
It's surprising that Airtel has something that offers something middle between a Residential Broadband and a Lease Line.

@JB701 They probably do have a hard limit for lower offerings but it's probably much higher than 3333GB. In their T&C FUP is only mentioned for non-commercial usage, so I guess they have similar scheme like other office broadband providers and politely ask to move up the plan when usage is close to their magic number.

My data left always shows 3333GB on the Xstream fiber app and even on Airtel Thanks App that circle is always full.
I thought they stopped counting data usage. How would I know the actual usage now? Seems the old dashboard has also stopped working.

I always rely on thin ring around data left infinity tab showing in my airtel app. Gives you vague estimate.

@igloo I don't think it's working here for me. 🙁

Whats-App-Image-2021-10-27-at-2-50-56-PM.jpg

I have two connection and both showing diff usage.
Both postpaid n direct from Airtel so maybe that's why.

TlDQeME.webp

Last edited by a moderator: