• Views Views 27,567

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
mbVrvXW.png

2ZFY1Bk.png

Barring minor changes, these new plans are very similar to the plans available through their pamphlet.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
AzY4pTO.jpg

Sources, please. Time to talk to Airtel once more and reduce my plan cost.

^ Got it. Emailed CC. Let's see what they get back with.

Last edited:
Rather they should had updated post FUP to 1 mbps, would had customer more happy.

they are only losing customers where a local service provider has launched faster plans. they are still the preferred choice in most markets where no competition exists. if they start offering 4mbps as basic speeds, no one would be paying for higher plan as most people are quite content with 4mbps and airtel does not even have faster speeds in a lot of areas. airtel is just enjoying the moment while they can. eventually they would most likely be relevant in even smaller pockets. there is no way they can compete with the local players with dsl based plans and god knows if they are even expanding their fiber presence. jio would most likely kill their remaining market within the next decade.

ps: i pay airtel more money every month than excitel just because it's reliable. excitel has been fairly reliable but there are no guarantees. airtel has a track record and that forces me to keep them for backup. of course the unlimited calls component does not hurt. i would have found it very hard to keep paying airtel if my parents were not making good use of the calling option. in my area airtel broadband is shite. 4mbps is peak speed and the connection gets unusable if i upload anything. i end up not using the internet when excitel is down. it is just so so bad in comparison.

@Sushubh nicely said, they are loosing customers in a faster pace. And now only they have introduced V-Fiber, which should have been introduced before itself. And feasibility is very bad, our area is not feasible till yesterday (almost 5 years). Today they say it is feasible, but i am scared to apply as they in the end will say something and cancel the connection.

no vfiber in my area. i found an airtel guy working on some box 2 days ago. i went to him and asked him if airtel has increased speeds in my sector. he said no sir, still 4mbps. i loled. and asked him how they are going to survive now that excitel has arrived. he shrudded and said it's company's headache we just get our salary and we do our job.

reliance guys incidentally have started putting up more posters in my locality that they never did before excitel arrived. incidentally they continue to promote the 2mbps unlimited plan that costs 699 799 rupees i think. does not look very good when you see a poster of excitel offering 20mbps at 799. every time i go to the market, i see more blue wires coming out of the excitel boxes (ethernet cable). i do believe airtel is losing customers on a weekly basis in my area.

hkkOYWg.jpg
lvPx1zt.jpg

How lucky u guys are having many ISP in your area but I have to survive only with BSNL with just 1Mbps speed. But good thing is 3 years and no downtime yet.

Have both excitel and hathway in my area, but still Airtel isn't ready to update their backend from adsl to vdsl. Stuck with 8mbps as max speed on Airtel since 2-3 years now.

4mbps on Airtel here. And it's useless as connection becomes unusable if anything is uploaded. Packet loss on downloads.

Excitel was down since last evening. Realized again how bad Airtel is and they still get more money from me than Excitel. Insane.

You guys filled this form Airtel
My exchange got upgraded 4-5days after filling up the form.
Though no one called be regarding it. Maybe a coincidence however still worth the try.