Airtel Broadband's latest internet plans for Delhi NCR

• Thread starter Thread starter Navjot Singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 27,584
Hua

Huawei offcourse. Beetel is there in house production and from adaptor to the chips, it always has a third rate quality. Closed software UI implementation to add. The alternatives available in the market are too costly. Location?

I am in Gurgaon.

Initially download speed was 39mbps. Upload was 11mbps. I observed few disconnections too in the beginning.

After few hours, the download speed settled at 25-26mbps and Upload speed is at 10-11mbps.

Today, download is at 23mbps. Upload has gone down to 7mbps.

SNR margin has decreased since Y-day.
Down/Up stream bandwidth has decreased as well.

Just realized above values keeps fluctuating.

Last edited:
Just request the service engineer to keep an eye for a Huawei Modem. Never the less, there shouldn't be much difference of quality and service degradation just bcuz of the modem. This seems to be more of exchange problem. Raise a ticket but i am afraid, they might just come back and tell that the all disconnections are due to their internal limitations and they might just move you back to 16mbps till further notice or till the time they work on upgrading the exchange and that time isn't gonna come soon.

Yes, I took the engineer's number to keep on checking for Huawei modem.
While installing he told me that I am supposed to get 40mbps down and 18mbps up.

In case they limit my speed to stabilize the connection, I should have to cancel the VDSL2 upgrade because my ADSL2 connection was already on 16mbps down and 0.7mbps up.

Although high upload speed on VDSL2 feels very good.

@wecaz I would give it a few days to settle down. I have noticed a similar pattern on my connection with a Huawei router. Just keep an eye out for disconnections. If your line is stable like mine i would advise you to live with the speed fluctuations since won't notice any real difference in browsing, streaming etc plus the upload speeds are fantastic compared to what we were getting on adsl2.

Thanks for advice @waterloo_sunset. I have new findings.

Internet speed is STABLE on Ethernet lan. [Down 39-40mbps, Up 11-13mbps]

Internet speed is UNSTABLE on WiFi. [Down 11-40mbps, Up 08-13mbps]

Those are exactly my findings too with a Huawei router (when i'm not in the same room as the router). All i can say is don't obsess over speeds. Restrain yourself from running speed tests every hour and enjoy the speed upgrade.

Well if connection while surfing and streaming is stable then don't worry. Vdsl is more prone to external factors.
Would improve over time and Airtel is also new in this currently more concentrated on upgradation.

Guys, In October 2015, I purchased a new Beetel450 ADSL modem for 1700 from Airtel becaue my old one died.
Now I want to upgrade to 16mbps new plans.

1. They are saying I they will take my old modem and give a new modem & charge me 1000 rupees for it !! Am I not allowed to keep this Beetel 450 modem since I paid 1700 for it?

2. I am on a retention plan which gives me 20gb for 799 rupees at 2mbps. Can I again get a retention plan (something like 50gb for 800 rupees at 16mbps) OR do I first need to get this new modem, and then request for retention/disconnection?

@dragonball You should keep the router but just for your confirmation check your all the bills for the rental of router/modem is written or not? If not then the modem is yours.

I had Beetel's initial Black Color modem which they introduced 12 years back with me but I threw it in junk 2-3 years back.

Secondly, According to your 1000 Rs. I think they are putting you on VDSL. Confirm them if it's VDSL or ADSL? Since people who would upgrade to VDSL have to pay 1000 Rs for the router/modem.

When you change the plan, you would drop any kind of benefits given by the retention team to you. So either talk to retention team to get you a special scheme or have the plan changed and then threaten them again for the disconnection.

@Adidam: Nowhere in my bills it is mentioned about the modem Rental. I remember there was no rental & it was a 1 time purchase wherein I paid 1700. Now why are they forcing me to return it & then only they will issue new modem for 1000 rupees more!!??

Also, I think I will go with your 2nd option of getting a new plan first.

Finished my 150GB for the month with a whole week to spare, FUPed to 1Mbps for this week. Good thing with having 100Mbps, was able to download an additional 21GB of data over the 150GB before the system capped the speeds!

Got 100GB plan with 50% waiver for 6months+ 50GB top up for Rs.200 + 11 surprise benefit = 161GB

in 750+200=Rs.950+tax with unlimited calls.

@igloo Did you get any lifetime retention discount or anything?

What is the 100 GB plan name and speed?

6months only.

the one listed 1499 100GB on their website under delhi.