Airtel Broadband's latest internet plans for Delhi NCR

• Thread starter Thread starter Navjot Singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 27,571
I'm not sure why its low, don't use netflix so no issues as of such.

P.S need to stop doing speed tests, that DSLReports speedtest ate up 470MB of my data. #stoptestingyoumoron

P.P.S I received 2GB as part of the broadband surprise, that did not get taken away after changing my plan.

Last edited:
Not any Indian ISPs are peering with Netflix at the moment. Mumbai IX could possibly facilitate that in future. Hopefully.

My router's QoS settings were holding the speed back, tweaked them and now getting a lot better speed.

6055426531.png

@waterloo_sunset: QoS is used to prioritize the bandwidth used by all devices and protocols on the network so that one doesn't deprive the rest that need it more e.g it gives priority to VoIP calls or live streams over P2P traffic like torrents. The thing that it needs to know to do its job is how much bandwidth is available to play with, I accidentally set it to 90Mbps instead of 100Mbps, hence, it was limiting the speed.

@Adidam: FTTH in Sec. 48, Gurgaon.

Last edited:
Min. Fup speeds need to be 2mbps, plus most of the time ISP are not even doing proper recording of data. My mtnl also is giving same 200gb plan as per Airtel. But weirdly this month in just 12 days speeds have gone post fup, they do offer 1mbps after fup.

@waterloo_sunset: QoS is used to prioritize the bandwidth used by all devices and protocols on the network so that one doesn't deprive the rest that need it more e.g it gives priority to VoIP calls or live streams over P2P traffic like torrents. The thing that it needs to know to do its job is how much bandwidth is available to play with, I accidentally set it to 90Mbps instead of 100Mbps, hence, it was limiting the speed.

@Adidam: FTTH in Sec. 48, Gurgaon.
Thanks, I meant can you post a screenshot of your router QoS settings? I will attempt to replicate on the Huawei VDSL router. Btw, with 100 megs on tap, do you really need QoS?

Thanks, I meant can you post a screenshot of your router QoS settings? I will attempt to replicate on the Huawei VDSL router. Btw, with 100 megs on tap, do you really need QoS?

On 100Meg maybe not, doesn't make any difference anyways. The settings from my router which is running TomatoUSB firmware may not be directly applicable to the Huawei router. You can checkout this guide on how it is setup for my router.

@r19 This is the first time Airtel has provisioned my connection for symmteric speeds. on 16Mb I got 10Mb upload, while I was on 40Mb I got 20Mb upload.

Any one getting problem in factime or whatsapp video calls last night ..... more of upload was problem where other party constantly unable to view picture.

Y-day I got upgraded to VDSL2.
Huawei modems are no more in stock. The modem I got is Beetel 777VR1. It has two external antennas that might give better WiFi range.

Guys, any idea which router is better Huawei or Beetel? Is there a difference in life-span and connection quality?

Hua
Y-day I got upgraded to VDSL2.
Huawei modems are no more in stock. The modem I got is Beetel 777VR1. It has two external antennas that might give better WiFi range.

Guys, any idea which router is better Huawei or Beetel? Is there a difference in life-span and connection quality?

Huawei offcourse. Beetel is there in house production and from adaptor to the chips, it always has a third rate quality. Closed software UI implementation to add. The alternatives available in the market are too costly. Location?