AIRTEL BROADBAND

• Thread starter Thread starter krc678
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,172
after checking this forum you still need opinion? 🙂

I agree with Sushubh, the airtel thread is the only one where every user is happy. 🙂 which includes me.. i'll give it two thumbs up 😉

Sushubh, you were complaining of the speed on your 256K line. Is it because you have shared the lines or is it a problem from Airtel's side???

i just said. normal surfing is not that fast. but its ok. its worth the trouble staying away from sify in my HomeTown panchkula 😉

but i guess its better than the sucky 64Kbps connection that i have 🙂

Max, i just hope that airtel gets to mumbai soon and you can get a connection 🙂... don't you have any other options other than sify ?

wiz, i use Reliance powersurfer.net (previously BSES powersurfer) 🙁 And no I dont have any other decent options. I do have MTNL DSL's option but I refuse to get tied down by stupid download limits.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 1 2005, 08:32 PM
i just said. normal surfing is not that fast. but its ok. its worth the trouble staying away from sify in my HomeTown panchkula 😉
[snapback]30217[/snapback]
[/quote]

What MTU values do you have in ur router and registry ?

i found setting them to 1492 gives an avg surf speed of 20KB/s on some sites. That's the best you can via PPoE.

Don't think there's any option for setting the MTU value in the 220bx....or is there? Also can u give the path for the registry entry ur talking abt? ThxAm resonably happy with Airtel so far. Only problem is that of high latencies.

192.168.1.1->Configuration->WAN connections->edit 'yoon-0'->Edit Ip Interface->MTU (set to 1492)->Save config-> reboot modemIn the registy you need to find your nic...i would suggest using a program called drtcp or if your comfortable with regeditHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxx}there shoudl be a number of those interfaces you need to find which one is used by your NIC, look at the IPAddress key & NameServer keys and if they match the ones you see by doing an ipconfig /all ....then you got the right interface. Now look for MTU key and set it to 1492 and then reboot pc.

Ok i re-checked the 220BX settings and still couldn't find any setting to change the MTU value. Think mine has a different firmware or somethin. Also i found the entry for my NIC but there was no MTU key. Should i create one?