Airtel Broadband

google_singh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 15, 2004
Never knew that airtel bb offers unlimited access at 128 kbps at just Rs 900. Add to it modem rental of Rs 99......It's a good deal as compared to sify..
http://airtel-broadband.com/tariff1.htm
Are Sify people sleeping......do they understand the meaning of word competition?????Well I think they are poor at english......they write the spelling for "convenience" as "convinience" on their download dialer page......haha

ujjwal

Regular
Regulars
Oct 17, 2004
Are there any other costs or conditions , apart from the 900 + 99? This is DSL right? What are the installation charges? And is it shared or dedicated? (Yup I'm done I think ;) ) Seems good ...

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
they give u a telephone connection as well i believe. and installation won't be 3500 for sure. :) when i took touchtel dsl it was 1500 installation 99 rental and 1500 for 500 megs of 128kbps connectivity.

avinds

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 31, 2004
touchtel is now Airtel , they hav the same offer(which touctel used to hav)registration : rs 1000modem deposit :Rs 500FOR AIRTEL POSTPAID(KARNATAKA) USERS :Airtel bb installation and depodit is freeEven BSNL provides broadband through phone line , called DIASbut it does not hav unlimited plan

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
Pity Airtel doesn't extend its network even all over Delhi.No Airtel broadband here :confused:. Just Sify and MTNL to choose from.

surjeett

Regular
Regulars
Nov 2, 2004
Talkin abt Airtel Broadband :-Umm....i wonder how u guys managed to miss that "1:2" thingy.Neway, 1:2 is like one connection being shared among two, but hey, who is goin to check how many users r sharin that connection, but this 1:2 thingy makes it very clear that u will hardly get 128kbps (whereas night pack gives well over 110kbps). Beside that i doubt these guys ability to handle internet related stuff, as the base of this company is into telecomm not internet. But lets see what happens.

surjeett

Regular
Regulars
Nov 2, 2004
Originally posted by google_singh@Nov 5 2004, 09:54 PM
Are u talking about Mtnl dial up????
[snapback]1600[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is wat i call addition to that counter which reads "number of posts" :p

google_singh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 15, 2004
Well I thought 1:2 think means speed is in ratio of 1:2 i.e download:upload or perhaps vice versa.......isnt it what is Asymmetric DSL (ADSL) all about.....u get variable upload and download rates......I am not sure though....perhaps u r right surjeet.....can anybody confirm this.....?????

surjeett

Regular
Regulars
Nov 2, 2004
Generally download : upload ratio is not mentioned. Its by default taken as 2:1. But never know, may be these guys want to run upload servers....Google Singh Just confused me :) hehehe