Airtel Broadband Xstream Bundle Plans - September 2020 (Starts at 40mbps unlimited for Rs. 499)

• Thread starter Thread starter Firephoenix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 32,776
CostSpeedDataAirtel XStream DTH BoxOTT Content Included
49940mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel XStream TV*
799100mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel XStream TV*
999200mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel Xstream TV# + PrimeVideo + Zee5
1499300mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel Xstream TV# + PrimeVideo + Zee5
39991gbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel Xstream TV# + PrimeVideo + Zee5

Source

*Airtel XStream TV for 499/799 plans includes Voot Basic, Eros Now, Hungama Play, Shemaroo Me, Hoichoi and Ultra.
#Airtel XStream TV for 999 and above plans include Lions Gate, Voot Basic, Eros Now, Hungama Play, Shemaroo Me, Hoichoi and Ultra.
All Plans include Unlimited calling.

You need to pay a minimum monthly subscription to use the OTT apps via Airtel XStream DTH Box.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sriivatsava still got the _dsl suffix but it hasn't even been 1 day since the fiber upgrade so can't say if it would remain like that or not

@sriivatsava it shows as dsl by default for fiber connections also. Just make sure that there are fiber lines in your area. Airtel installs v-fiber if fiber lines are not present in your area. It is a hassle to get refund back. Just confirm that the line is fiber and not v-fiber from the sales rep.

maybe it takes a couple of days for the plans to show up in the app. 🤔

@Shanmu54321 yes! Fiber cables have been installed and I am probably the first one in my area to book a connection. One box is present at a distance of 50-60 metres from my house. I am just afraid that the installation guys don’t arrive and say I would get a dsl connection only. Their network infra team is notorious for such acts. I anyway won’t let them install a dsl connection but fighting to get a refund is the worst thing to experience. I talked to guys laying fiber and they assured connections are feasible up to 150 m away from the box.

But do such plans persist or are/can be subjected to change at operator's whim?
Moreover, reading this thread gave me an impression that there's some issue regarding Post-paid and Pre-paid here too. How does one goes about getting a new Airtel plan and don't get swindled by their 'Terms and Conditions' or 'Feasibility'? What are the Do's and Don't to look out for?

@heisenberg333 It only shows 3 plans at a time in the app. You will see higher plans only if you are on a plan closer to them. So basically you can't really upgrade to say 3999 plan from the 799 plan inside the app which is a bummer if you ask me.

Also a little off topic but did anyone else smb/local shared folders/dlna completely stopped working after getting the new Nokia router ?

Mine was working perfectly on the beetle 777 router attached to my nighthawk x6 (lan to lan).

Have the same setup now , every thing works except the smb.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind . Its working now.

Last edited by a moderator:
But do such plans persist or are/can be subjected to change at operator's whim?
Moreover, reading this thread gave me an impression that there's some issue regarding Post-paid and Pre-paid here too. How does one goes about getting a new Airtel plan and don't get swindled by their 'Terms and Conditions' or 'Feasibility'? What are the Do's and Don't to look out for?
Airtel normally never changes a plan on its own for postpaid customers.