Airtel Broadband Xstream Bundle Plans - September 2020 (Starts at 40mbps unlimited for Rs. 499)

CostSpeedDataAirtel XStream DTH BoxOTT Content Included
49940mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel XStream TV*
799100mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel XStream TV*
999200mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel Xstream TV# + PrimeVideo + Zee5
1499300mbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel Xstream TV# + PrimeVideo + Zee5
39991gbps ul3.3 TBAvailableAirtel Xstream TV# + PrimeVideo + Zee5

Source

*Airtel XStream TV for 499/799 plans includes Voot Basic, Eros Now, Hungama Play, Shemaroo Me, Hoichoi and Ultra.
#Airtel XStream TV for 999 and above plans include Lions Gate, Voot Basic, Eros Now, Hungama Play, Shemaroo Me, Hoichoi and Ultra.
All Plans include Unlimited calling.

You need to pay a minimum monthly subscription to use the OTT apps via Airtel XStream DTH Box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul Kannan

Gokul Kannan

ISP
Airconnect | Limras Eronet | Airtel & Vi
When I installed airtel connection last month, I paid only 3 months ARP for 799 plan - Rs.2828. No installation or activation fee was charged.

ps111193

ps111193

ISP
airtel xstream fiber, airtel 4g, bsnl 3g
same for me i only paid arp 1 year for 999₹

L

legend_killer

ISP
AirTel FTTH
Anyone who is on Rs 999/- (200 Mbps) on AirTel FTTH getting spiked to 300~400 Mbps ?

I am getting speeds of 300~400 Mbps on 200 Mbps / Rs 999 plan ! I wonder if this spike is temporary or glitch or did AirTel upgrade to 300 Mbps :unsure:

M

mister

ISP
GTPL>Airtel Fiber
Has any body changed plan from higher to lower? Does it increase validity? And can it be done by app or do I have to call customer care? I have taken new connection 100mbps 3months few days earlier. Since speed is not good, I want to go for lower plan so I can increase validity. Thanks.

ps111193

ps111193

ISP
airtel xstream fiber, airtel 4g, bsnl 3g
Anyone who is on Rs 999/- (200 Mbps) on AirTel FTTH getting spiked to 300~400 Mbps ?

I am getting speeds of 300~400 Mbps on 200 Mbps / Rs 999 plan ! I wonder if this spike is temporary or glitch or did AirTel upgrade to 300 Mbps :unsure:
might be it's temporary glitch because i am gettings speeds upto 253Mbps on 999 plan

DaRkLoRdB2

DaRkLoRdB2

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
Has any body changed plan from higher to lower? Does it increase validity? And can it be done by app or do I have to call customer care? I have taken new connection 100mbps 3months few days earlier. Since speed is not good, I want to go for lower plan so I can increase validity. Thanks.
Yes you can do that easily. That's the plus point about flexibility in Airtel.

vsrivatsa

vsrivatsa

ISP
BSNL FTTH, ACT Fibernet
I am currently using ACT Fibernet in Bangalore and looking towards changing to the Airtel Xstream Fiber new plans. Can people in South Bangalore (Jayanagar-Basavanagudi Area) comment on how is the Airtel Performance and support in this area?

Also, which number should I call to find out if Airtel Xstream Fiber is available in my specific location?

Filibusted

Filibusted

ISP
Airtel, Voda
We have an Airtel broadband connection for almost 10 years now at my father's house & we are happy with the in-person customer care and almost negligible downtime so far. However we have a VDSL connection on a 40 mbps plan, which to be honest is enough for our use (FireTV & Laptop/Desktop usage mostly). So, when the new plans were announced, I immediately downgraded our billing plan to 499/- per month as that is the most you can get out of a VDSL connection. I talked to customer care & they told me V-Fiber would be available by October end or so. Has anyone here upgraded their existing connection from VDSL to V-Fiber? Is it worth the hassle? I know it will give me identical download and upload speeds & also some improvement on existing bandwidth even if I keep my current 499 plan going. Also, last time when I upgraded from DSL to VDSL, Airtel did not charge me anything and provided the new compatible Huawei router for free. Is it going to be the same case for V-Fiber as well? Is the signal strength of the compatible Nokia router they provide is as good as the Huawei one, as that one works pretty good anywhere on both floors of the house.

One more thing is copper based VDSL has been pretty robust as in connection getting down via physical damage to the wire (3 times in 10 years). Is it going to be the same with Fibre optic cable as well?

Thanks in advance!

G

Gaurav15

ISP
Jio Fiber
@Filibusted I think V-Fiber is nothing but VDSL. Their FTTH (Fiber to the home) connection is called “Xstream Fiber”. So confirm whether it’s that or what. Yes, FTTH will be better than VDSL in every way, you should definitely shift to it if available.

Filibusted

Filibusted

ISP
Airtel, Voda
@Gaurav15 Thanks for replying back. I am pretty sure V-Fiber and VDLSL are not the same as one is optical fiber based & the other one runs on copper wires. I think they rebranded V-Fiber to Airtel Xstream Fiber last year.

I would like to know, if they are following FTTC (Fiber to the curb) methodology to roll out Xstream Fiber connections for new as well as existing subscribers?

Edit: Actually, please ignore the question above as you already mentioned it is FTTH (FIber to the home). My apologies!

G

Gaurav15

ISP
Jio Fiber
@Filibusted Best is to ask whether it is FTTH or not, without going into its name. Some people have posted their experience here. They paid for a connection thinking it’s fiber because local sales guy said so, but that turned out to be VDSL.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
fiber would usually require a box like this at your place. adsl/vdsl would go directly into the router.

9RQ6TKV.webp

Filibusted

Filibusted

ISP
Airtel, Voda
@Filibusted Best is to ask whether it is FTTH or not, without going into its name. Some people have posted their experience here. They paid for a connection thinking it’s fiber because local sales guy said so, but that turned out to be VDSL.
Ah, so they duped people by giving them copper based VDSL in the name of V-Fiber? That's cheating.