Airtel Broadband: Unable to download from torrents & p2p softwares like Ares, etc

hinge_me_down

ISP
airtel
Hey guys, i m using the 256 kbps unlimited plan ...& had no troubles with it since a yr or so, but since last week i m unable to download through torrents & Ares. I am having no troubles downlading from link-removed , link-removed etc. its just the torrents & p2p clients i m having problems with ..... i can see a whole lot of seeders in torrents but my dl speed is at best zero. Also wierdly a day back i got dl speeds upto 250 kbps while downloading through rapidhshare & other servers ... which lasted a day only ... now i am back to 33-35 kbps dl speed ... but my torrent issue still remains the same. Any one has any clue or facing similar problems ? has airtel blocked torrent & p2p ports or somethin. also as an info i have done the whole port forward tweaking months ago. So except that any new tweakings to done ?Also if any one plays online games how much latency do they get in the 256 ul plan, for before airtel i had a local net connection of 64 ul which gave me better latency

Hey man....Tell me what torrent client you use...I would suggest using utorrent.utorrent lets you use encryption so no ISPs can block you file downloads.Also check you PC Firewall or your router firewall, try DMZ if you think its a port forwarding issue.... try it and then you can remove it once you are sure about the exact problem....Now what online games do you play??? Gamespy hosted ones or any other in particular??? We need all that to help you.....good luck:thumbsup:

i use utorrent buddy ... i have no firewall installed ....as for router firewall how do u check tht ? .... but i doubt it being the case of firewalls coz this problem has just started since a week or so .. & before that it was working just fine.... & there haven't been any changes in my system .. haven't installed any firewall or anything like that.i have done the portforwarding for utorrent. any more tweaks for utorrent let me knw.DMZ ... now what is tht ? :ashamed:I have tried playing call of duty 4, fear, CS .... but i have seen my latency on asian servers ..... its not worth it. Haven't tried playing thru gamespy, whenver i hav tried its thru the ingame multiplayer option. seeing how much i lag on asian server i never had the spirit to try gamespy.

yeah the kind of games you play wont have a gamespy optionmostly gamespy is for RTS games.....DMZ forwards all the port. which modem/router are you using?do you have encryption enabled in utorrent...?what do you mean by 33-35kbps download speed?is it KBps or Kbps (bytes or bits)....😕

Same thing happened to me. I have Airtel. It happened around the same time as you. I don't use any games. I too use uTorrent. Anyone have ideas of a workaround?Oh, and I have the encryption enabled. But I do get some download--depending on the torrent. Right now I'm trying to download an audio book. I'm only get 5k. I was able to download a tv show, but I found I needed to turn off and turn my pc back on.

the speed is slow cuz people who have the file dont have enough bandwidth to upload at a faster speed...nothing you can do about...also on your side check whether your speed is ok..

@OP: I think ur ISP is secretly closing the default torrent ports which u may be using(6881to6889?)!so in ur torrent client enter a random port like 53368 and save.now when dsl is connected, edit ur firewall application to allow 53368 be open port 🙂 Hope this solves!...and this is for bridge mode which surely is better than router pppoe-dialer 🙄

i use airtel broadband, also utorrent. i have no issues.also what i have done is configure utorrent to randomize ports every time it starts.

I have the same issue with Airtel.They block anything they can get their hands on.Dumb guys! Some months back they blocked an online RPG i was playing, I had to actually lodge a complaint with them to get it started! Imagine blocking gaming websites?I do the same thing with Ares, change the port and restart. It works mostly but I guess their block-all team will catch up some day 🙁

I am using Ubuntu and using K-torrent. It works like charm. Constantly getting 30 KB/sec. I am on 256 Unltd.The download speed depends on the number of seeders as well.

yeah same speed issues are bugging me too for a week or so though. Earlier it was fine...and i use 5xxxxx ports by the way...

Check the ports before you either they are open for incoming or not. And also u can have some tweaks from utorrent.

Help!!

See these screenshots. While am having no trouble downloading from uTorrent, Limewire is struggling...🙁:madness:

http://imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us/

All right guys i was also having the same problem, i use utorrent and have enabled encryption, and random ports but ever since port 20667 has been used by utorrent i am getting nice speeds, so try this port out.