Airtel Broadband Switchers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 531
  • Views Views 97,857
@Sushubh plz merge both the threads then..whn u start ur new thread..

----------

Have you communicated with them through written means, like email or post?

email which they did not bother to reply back to. Just sent me acknowledgement that also becz TRAI has made it compulsory to do so ...phone calls...to the cc...to their retention dept....if there was option to send them written letter would have done that too..

pretty much getting calls from them every 2nd day now..to continue..nd this is not cool..

Tell them you are migrating to the US.. Worked for someone - Heard via a common friend...

so basically now we need to lie to airtel just like airtel does to get our connection DC lol 😛

ah well. if you are moving, they would lose any hope to recover the money from you right? this sounds like a good strategy.

Ugh. Airtel DC is such a PITA. I made a request on 8th of august and was told that it'll take seven days. I was supposed to get a confirmation call first. As expected, no one called. I called them myself multiple times but didnt get any result. Then I said F it and didnt bother to call again. I had not made last month's payment either so I knew they'll automatically disconnect me when my next bill is due. Made full use of the connection until that happened. They sent me a bill of 2 months usage asking me to make the payment asap. Didnt pay anything. Kept getting calls from the idiots that I have to pay in full. Told them I wont pay anything after 8th of august as thats when I asked the connection to be discontinued. After a little resistance, they agreed. I used half a month of airtel connection for free. Nothing big but still made me feel better as those thieves deserved it 😀So if anyone wants to DC an airtel connection, just keep your DC request number safe and stop making the payments. No point wasting your time calling them over and over again. You asked for a disconnection and now its their turn to worry about it. They cant force you to pay for a single day after the request especially when they failed to disconnect it within the promised 7 days after the request. Also dont forget to make full use of your connection until the finally disconnect your connection 😛

Now, a month AFTER disconnection & paying the FINAL bill... I get an SMS something like- "Reactivate you old Airtel connection @ free of cost with best unlimited plan 599 @ 512 kbps - SMS ******** "So even after disconnection, they are not willing to let go - Ofcourse, this is bound to be one of their sales agents(agency), an affiliate.

sid , you did bigger mistake by moving to tikona. they have even worse service level than Airtel. i had used in 2010 for 2 months, but had to disconnect because of poor internet consistency inspite of having excellent signals. the problem is ideal load handling capacity of equipement installed by tikona is very poor. specs would indicate 1 gbps throughput but performace immediatly drops as multiple user log on to from gievn base station. moreso ,after my disconnection no body came and collected the equipment from my premises. till today i have that antique equipement .tikona owners think "Kaam Chalao thanda Lao".

Can't Really Judge Tikona. It has been Good in some areas and over all BAD. you cant simply say its Ridiculous.. lets see how it fares?Few friends of mine use Tikona wireline.. they are saying its good in their area..

using it from 2 days, connection is fine, since i dont have any other broadband options here i have to live with it. Tikona guys here are really respectful and helpful for now 😛 , still i am looking for spectranet connection, hope they will arrive here soon 🙁 , they have good plans.

i have taken the 849 2mbps plan. getting download speed upto 250kbps , didnt tried uploading. It is wired. for wireless u have to pay 1500 one time payment for the router.

i have taken the 849 2mbps plan. getting download speed upto 250kbps , didnt tried uploading. It is wired. for wireless u have to pay 1500 one time payment for the router.

is there download limit, because there has to be i assume u have upto 5gb download limit