Airtel Broadband Switchers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 531
  • Views Views 97,861
Wish I could switch from airtel. But i don't have any choice.( Chennai interior not some outer area)Tried Reliance for sometime: It will work flawlessly from 9PM to 8AM and during day times it will not work. After several complaints they never solved it. Had move back to Airtel.No point in blaming Airtel. It's the lack of the competition to be blamed. This shitty governments to be blamed for not doing enough to get new players into the broadband market. Corruption to the core to be blamed.Till them I have to put up with whatever Airtel does. But, i don't blame them . No point in doing so 🙁

My plan is very old one its Explorer 1099 (384kbps at day and 1Mbps at night) (NO FUP) and after airtel raised bill amount Rs.1099 to Rs.1299 and with all taxes i will get total Rs.1400 and above...So i told them to disconnect my connection for i dont like my speed for that money...First time they transferred my call to disconnection dept. and 1 lady gave me some bad offers with FUP limits and tried to convince me for longtime but after long talk and i confirm my disconnect and then she gave me a disconnection req. number... Then next day (yesterday) 1 guy called again and gave me some bad offers with FUP limits but lower my bill money and i told him that my current plan is Explorer 1099 which have no FUP limits and now i disconnecting because of Night 1Mbps is not enough speed for me...And after sometime he told me that because of ur 5 year old customer i am giving u a offer of 2Mbps with no FUP limits because of current plan have no FUP limits and with same rentals ur paying now...Then i reconfirm it for 2 or 3 times and i told him if there is any problem i will switch to BSNL and he replied there wont be problem and ur plan will change in 3 days...I asked him give me some proof of email so i can show to customer care if they give problem and then he replied me sure in 3 days ur plan will be activated...That guy finally convinced me with great offer but still now i dont have any hope it will become true... And if they give problem then i am ready to change to BSNL BBG Combo ULD 1350 ( 4 Mbps upto 30 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 30 GB (TamilNadu) ) with 20% discount on monthly rental...U guys have any guess what airtel gonna do for me ? Plz reply guys...

Whatever you do, take everything in writing from Airtel. They have a habit of doing nasty things once customers stays with them.

At last, I ditched this Craptel service after 5 long years!!! Everything went fine and they disconnected my connection within a day with a confirmation email from their presence. It went somewhat rude and funny way where I got a call from their retention department where he was bargaining with their stupid special 499 (2GB) and 599 (4GB) plans (both having post 256kbps unlimited). I was just asking this in an email confirmation and told him that I will reply on top of that email about my confirmation. He was keep-on promising to send that email immediately *once after* activating a particular plan. But I told him to send me the plans details first then I will confirm. Finally he gave up and said he will email the details soon and hung-up… within a second I got an SMS with a different request number which I am not sure what it was for at that time. Again I emailed them and asking for the details… But before getting any reply from them within 2 hours my connection went dead. Then the next day I got an email from their presence team saying my disconnection request has been executed successfully and they will send the final bill on my regular billing cycle. Then after two days I got an email from 121 containing plan details but that was too late for me because Hathway was up and running by the time :curl-lip:…

So this is what I've sent them today. Let's see what happens.

Hey,

My Airtel landline number is in the subject line. I'm currently supposed to be on ye olde Freedom 1099 plan (384Kbps Morning / 1Mbps Night). I've purposely not shifted to any of the new plans because the nearly draconian FUP limits Airtel believes in; but that's another story for another time.
What happens is that every month, your server changes my plan automatically to 512Kbps Up/Down with a 20GB FUP and I'm forced to go through a 3-5 day cycle of contacting people at 121 and explaining to all of them what the problem is and why it isn't my fault that your engineers can't seem to do their work right. You may check my complaint history for a more detailed understanding.

This month's "celebrations" started on the 9th of August. Since that day, this would be my 13th or 14th attempt to get this problem resolved. I've been told my calls have been forwarded to the "relevant team". Then emails have been forwarded. Then more emails with my comments added have been forwarded. Still nothing. I've been given a complaint id that's been marked closed thrice. Two times without any contact with me. Once with the assurance that something would be done within 36 hours. Guess how that turned out.

The 121 service has offered me helpful advice such as "You must be mistaken", "Please turn off your router *again*" and my personal favourite "This is because you're on a heavy OS like Linux".

This kind of behaviour would be unacceptable anywhere else in the world (I know. I've been there.)
I've been an Airtel customer for ~7 years now. I've overlooked automatic billing of services I haven't used and even better pricing from all of your competitors. I don't know why exactly, but I have. But if this is the kind of treatment I can expect, I can assure you that this email will be rendered redundant by the end of this month.

Furthermore, given the fact that this has happened for a total duration of 6 days now, plus the fact that I've given Airtel CC 12 calls of average 15 minute length about it, I expect a tariff deduction of 1/5 of my bill + the 50p/min I've been paying to talk to you. Let's make that an even Rs. 300. I don't see why you get the benefit of "late charges" when I can't even expect what I've been promised.
This is discounting all the times I've been calling up the last few months and the kind of irritation I have to put up with for explaining the same over and over again.

Also, if your only resolution to this matter is that this plan is no longer valid (I've been through this too), please disconnect the landline with immediate effect. I've kept records of all the contact I've had with Airtel and it'll be a lot of fun explaining everything in consumer court.

Well - I haven't switched from Airtel yet - but on the verge of doing so. I got a new ACT connection (fingers crossed on how reliable it's going to be - whatever Airtel's faults may be, for the past four years I've had only two or three outages, all of which were resolved within a couple of days at max) . If I see no problems with ACT for an entire month, it's goodbye Airtel!

i tried switching to reliance broadband but the installation process gave me enough headaches that i dropped the idea.

hey my dear friends... Nice to meet up again. Lol
Strange to see that there are people still putting up with Airtel's nonsense and waiting for probably the end of the world before they kick em out and move on! lol Congrats to the ones who have done so though! All praise for y'all!

I just got down to checking out the alternatives and My GOD!! There are so many Alternatives now compared to the handful of @r$3#0!3$ we had as ISPs! Probably the only thing standing in ones way would be the most important factor called Availability! There's a site(Compare all broadband internet providers in India) Considering the fact that it also has the prices mentioned inclusive of tax! That saves the time and energy of morons(me included) repeatedly asking which is good?, which is better/best?, etc, time and time again! lmao 😉

The whole customer care point is now thankfully(not really) redundant considering they're ALL just plain f'd up! The sad thing though, I still see that MOST of the sites miss out mentioning one of the most important other aspects of bandwidth, "UPLOAD SPEED!" As of now, I see Spectranet has mentioned 2Mbps as the upload speed on its Wifi Plans with Download varying from lesser upwards! That's a First!

Well me being me, I have to see it for myself from the horse's mouth so have started my usual excel sheet work to see the side-by-side comparison of the new players in town to get a basic idea as to which is the most feasible while remembering to do something others miss out, reading between the lines!!! By the end of it I will know though and hopefully if I find an availability, since I have purchased my own damn modem and when I receive my other modem's refund, I'll give it a thought!

I see a Tikona box on my terrace so will see through its site too. ACT of Bangalore has some pretty damn good plans I guess, but then we all hope it's not just an ACT(pun intended) for a future FUP once the user base has been flooded and bandwidth goes amiss! Well, after all it's business! Unless Mother Theresa came in a dream of some owners and companies are really going all out to Service the Nation's internet children! The real picture now being its own children being r@p3d(or you can call it Serviced in George Carlin's business terms) by these ISPs while so called Authorities just stand aside and let it happen!

God! I don't know which I want to wish for: Die Sooner to Avoid seeing All the 8u11$#!t and worrying about it or just lose my freakin' head and go all out and start a freakin' R3v0lution! (hopefully a peaceful one though) because I wouldn't want to be termed a tear-a-wrist now would I?!! Well you can hump crores(wait a minute, I forgot the new term, LAKH CRORES!) in scam and walk free men/women as long as you are in power and not be termed one and even still remain in power only temporarily gutting your puppets, but be honest and die sooner!

Well still waiting to see more drops empty out in rivers from being enslaved by corporate BS pundits and move on to the lesser evil guys, just hoping they don't grow horns and become greedy, once they've gained some customers! I don't know why, but this year, I don't feel very good around the so called Independence Day! Probably because we all ain't TRULY Free or Independent?! Just a thought! A SAD THOUGHT! (with a heavy heart leaves...)

I dont think anyone reads your essays :yawn:

yeap. that is a big problem. there is no point in sending long mails to airtel presence. i mean how easy it is to ignore the mail and reply with an auto responder message?

@anant.del: Thanks man been a bit busy for a while and finished with my excel sheet comparison! Guess you are the ONLY person who is happy to see me every time I make an appearance! lol The thing is, MARK MY WORDS, "ALL ISPs are NOTHING BUT WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING!" I did my reading between the lines and guess what if they are offering speeds with higher FUP, read the Privacy Policy to be surprised! (I'm looking at you Beam Fiber)

@xyx2000: wow man I think you are the wisest person on the planet including the person who probably is click happy on the "Like" button (probably habitual from Facebook)! :beat-up: Seriously! I mean dude you could have done yourself a world of good by reading the so called essays, which were even replied to too in FULL mind you, by some wiser folk around the forum. You will realize that half the bullshit that is being puked out in forums and blogs in the recent times were ALL mentioned and addressed quite elaborately by me LONG Back in those very same thankfully wiser and seemingly LOGICAL essay posts! :angry ():

Well let me not waste my time on your crappy opinion and move on and as you are entitled to yours, I wonder how you quite forget that I am to mine, however long the freakin post. Back to the situation at hand, it is pretty shitty no matter whichever ISP. Like I mentioned earlier the availability of most of the seemingly good ISPs is not widespread so that IS the only problem as of now. :Boy Thumb Down:

Reliance is still holding the top spot with lack of FUP and price segment, but the CC :ghost: stories seem never ending on forums. If using MTNL, I doubt you'll be looking to change because there too there are well priced unlimited plans without FUP. (I couldn't help but laugh at those numbers though 752 kbps, 1.13, 1.344, 1.792 Mbps, etc.) A person would have read it and said, "Hey, there are four numbers that is bigger!" Though YES, there is a decimal point in there mind you. It's not 1792 Mbps, it's 1.792 :mad-tongue:

BSNL looked like value for money a while back, but sadly not anymore, though if the only other available option, would serve the purpose of better known Devil! BEAM looks Great, Even Awesome, Until you read its Privacy Policy Page and you stop just there! Between Spectranet 899 and BSNL 850 wired I think people will go for Spectranet because BSNL is 2Mbps upto 8Gb and then 512 kbps whereas Spectranet is 1 Mbps no limit.

RailWire looks good on paper(availability a problem) and others using it have to comment on quality, prices are okay 920 1 Mbps, 1450 2 Mbps, 1250 4 Mbps to 75GB/512kbps. YOU(broadband that is) and Wi5 just don't look right other than YOU and Reliance having a 12 Mbps plan to 25GB and 1 Mbps thereafter where Reliance states Rs. 999 and YOU states Rs. 1212! Upload speeds as stated earlier seem invisible other than MTNL which says 512 kbps and Spectranet having 2 Mbps though not sure if the Cable line is 2 Mbps upload, but would be awesome for torrent users if so.

These are the options I know off for now. Others are free to mention their findings. If there was an option to attach docs I would have, but not there, so didn't. If this thread was about JOINING Airtel I would have posted its crappy plans, but since it's about LEAVING it, I didn't post nor did I look at any of its shitty plans! If I was sticking to Airtel, why would I even be posting on it?!:stupid:

WARNING: PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT FCUKING CONTENT:
WELL TO THOSE PATIENT ONES WHO HAVE TIME TO READ MY POSTS, THANK YOU. READ AND BE ENLIGHTENED! AND TO THOSE WHO DON'T BOTHER TO, HOW DO I MAKE IT MORE CLEAR LIKE I ALREADY DID?!, "DO ME AND YOURSELF A FAVOR, DON'T READ, AND BETTER STILL, DON'T EVEN FCUKING COMMENT/REPLY TO THEM!!!" I HAVE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOUR FREAKIN' IGNORANT TYPES!!! DON'T MAKE ME AS JUVENILE AS YOU'LL ARE AND SPOIL A GOOD THREAD! THANK YOU (I WOULD HAVE REPLACED THE "THANK" WITH A FOUR LETTER GOOD FRIEND, BUT I LEAVE THAT OPTION TO YOU TO DO TO YOURSELVES!)

BSNL looked like value for money a while back, but sadly not anymore, though if the only other available option, would serve the purpose of better known Devil! BEAM looks Great, Even Awesome, Until you read its Privacy Policy Page and you stop just there! Between Spectranet 899 and BSNL 850 wired I think people will go for Spectranet because BSNL is 2Mbps upto 8Gb and then 512 kbps whereas Spectranet is 1 Mbps no limit.
What about beam's policy? 😕

AFAIK no throttling done in my torrents and am getting advertised speeds. Also sites are not blocked

i tried switching to reliance broadband but the installation process gave me enough headaches that i dropped the idea.

i'm dam sure you wont get rid of airtel...

@michschuits always good to have u back bro...oh well don't be so disappointed in 2014 min BB speeds will be 2Mbps if everything goes well atleast that is something.... 😀

bobbyguitarist said:
What about beam's policy? 😕

AFAIK no throttling done in my torrents and am getting advertised speeds. Also sites are not blocked

Well my Dear Friend, I'm sad you don't look before you join something! I have already Warned People about how being patient and looking before you leap is very important and helps! Like for example when you go to a site or service, things to look out FIRST for are the tiny text(Terms and/or Conditions Apply or ** ## marks) and the non-highlighted Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions links! Even ads in papers, the first thing I look for are those teensy things that people so often overlook to get the REAL picture!😱

Go to Beam page look at the bottom, you will see a Privacy Policy link. Click that, read and be AMAZED! Yes You Just Gave Them Permission to Do ALL That! Oh and sorry my long post hating folks here's an excerpt, My Disclosure: No Copyright infringement intended
"Information Sharing and Disclosure
The Company may share personal information about you with other people under the following circumstances:
-We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with the Company under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help the Company communicate with you about offers from the Company and our marketing partners.
-We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Company's terms of use, or as otherwise required by law.
-We transfer information about you if the Company is acquired by or merged with another company under a different management. In this event, the Company will notify you before information about you is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy policy.
The Company plans to display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
-The Company will not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
The Company works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and service providers in many different industries and categories of business. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Company's service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Company's Newsletter, that are considered part of your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Changes to this Privacy Policy
The Company may update this policy and display the same in their website without notice to you and such posting will be deemed to have been read by you.

Sorry you had to discover this way, but that's reality, S#!T #@pp3N$!
Look at ACT page there too, beautiful plans and prices, then look at bottom right side non-highlighted text Terms and Privacy Policy, Read, Now You Trust Me?! At least, here you'll see there IS an Option to OPT OUT! But NONE OF THE COMPANIES follow that rule! That is the Truth. You Have to Read and Learn a mighty heap of content, but with hasty people content with reading just one line, trust me I don't blame them. You have to know there are cases of deliberate overwriting or working around of all the Privacy factors and nothing is done about it, maybe just random one or two pages here and there!

Take if you set home page as G**gle for example. Opt out of Tracking, add Non-Tracking Programs then Change your Homepage to G**gle.com. Close and reopen your browser! Is your reaction, WTF?! Surprised?! Ah Well! I am NOT! That's why I keep screaming on deaf ears and blind eyes on the internet, and to all and sundry, but do they learn, NO, They are Unfortunately Too Busy to READ! Yet will Act Dumb and Exclaim, "HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!" when the S#!T Hits the Fan and Sprays All Over the Ceiling!!! Yet will be Wise Enough to Ask, Why Do I need to Update? Why Do I Need AntiVirus? Yeah Right, Why Would you Need Condoms to Fcuk a Pr*zzy with AIDS?! Sometimes your dumb questions have the answers in them, you just have to be wise enough to look for it, but then if you were, you wouldn't ask them would you?!

@chin: Man! Damn Glad you Noticed! Lol 😉

anant.del: its always good to have u back bro...[/QUOTE said:
Lol thanks once again bro

oh well don't be so disappointed in 2014 min BB speeds will be 2Mbps if everything goes well atleast that is something.... [/QUOTE said:
lol that is if We or the Internet is Still Around at that time You Mean?! LMAO 😀

Well none of you will believe what I say now and that's why I said I hate people who Say or Act Like Ignorance is Bliss! I am just back online after one of the worst days of my life seeing, what I feared is going to happen for real, and that too in a country like ours! I had updated my SMS pack only yesterday and saw that today onwards there was some notice about not being able to send more than 5 messages for 15 days! When I posted about this on that page and all the losses of our liberty and so called bull$#!t "Protection and Safety" issues, NONE of those posts got Posted on the page, yet mundane crap was able to be posted by all and sundry, and in fact THE REAL Hateful messages, etc were going through just fine, but NOT mine which had no connection to either hatred or the situation, but to the actual topic of issuance of the ban!

Hold that Thought! What would hateful content be?! Say I Hate Mosquitoes, I Hate Child Labor, I Hate R@pi$ts, I Hate Liars/Backstabbers, I Hate CORRUPTION! Is there anything WRONG in Hating these things?! You would actually be Abnormal only if You Say You Loved Any of the Above. So Reality Checks have to be in place before Claiming Doing Something or Adopting Draconian measures and Unfortunately Common Sense and Logical Thinking is found to be as Abstract as Birds poo all over a Car being Considered Modern Art!

Because frankly, I know for a fact that more than Half the population in the country Don't Know Jack's a$$ about what the fcuk is going on around them, what the problem is or where the problem is, so this Echelon Conspiracy r@ping type Big Brother Attitude from a Country Like Ours really upset me, and in fact gave me a very eery and creepy feeling of Just What Might be Possible in the Near Future just in the fake premise or using the name of Protection and Safety!

You won't believe again how well tuned I am to guessing things above some people's mind capability, that just the previous day on Facebook, before I had the vaguest clue, I had made it clear how We are Still NOT a Democracy! and the very next day I see all this happening. Don't ask me, "Well Don't You Think Being too Honest and Open about the Truth can Get Your A$$ into Worse? So Don't Talk about Big Brother or our Neighbors being Capitalist or RULER/Hitler-like Next Time, Just Look Closer to Home, You'll recognize THE UGLY TRUTH! (Seriously! Unless you really are THAT Ignorant and NAIVE or think that I am gonna be!) 😡

Lol I'll say it again, When money is collected by a Country Claiming to Better its Security Forces and So Called Servicemen to PROTECT(Who or From What?) and for the SAFETY of the PEOPLE and actually that SECURITY is Instead Used By THEM on the Country's OWN Citizens to Hold Them Hostage and Rid Them of Their Rights of Freedoms/Speech/Expression/Communication (or rather Temporary Privileges as George Carlin would say! He believes We Have NO RIGHTS, and I knew that too, but it's all just getting confirmed now), Democracy was killed at that very Moment! There's nothing sadder than an act like that, but face it, Nothing Can Be Done! It DID Happen and It Will Happen Again if Need Be! (Call me Paranoid or Skeptic, But I hold My Reservations of thought for the Wiser and Who Experience the REAL World!)

The Country's Elite(Above the Law Folk) will do whatever they please and get away with it, The fake advocates OF THE LAW and PEOPLE will let them do whatever they want and just keep pointing fingers at each other saying NATIONAL SECURITY! So Above the Law and Does Not Come Under the Law! It is scary when you think of it, but that's just all we can do, Think and Speak PLENTY within the confines of our walls, but ACT, NEVER! For we know what usually HAPPENS to the VOICES OF TRUTH! Sorry to bore y'all to Death, and yeah yet another IBF's longest post nominee, but let me leave y'all on a thoughtful note... :secret:

"EVOLUTION DID NOT HAPPEN, and A R3VOLUTION FOR THE BETTER WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!"
To the Ones Who Understand What Truth Lies in these words, God Bless and May He Save Our Souls... R.I.P. AMEN!:suicide: