Airtel Broadband Switchers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 531
  • Views Views 97,859
Airtel Broadband is pathetic. I'm getting only 1.4 mbps on a 4 mbps plan. When I checked my modem settings, I saw that they have limited my data rate to 1472 kbps. Noone in their customer care have any idea about what is going on

contact airtel presence on email. ask for fixing the modem settings.

Just checked my FUP(through smartbytes) on my new billing cycle and its still 10 GB when it should be 30 GB. They have been doing this to me since the last 2 months and I'm not even getting the proper speed on my 4 mbps plan. I'm getting only 1.3 mbps when I should be getting 4 mbps

I was cheated by airtel committed me to a wrong plan and transferring me to a wrong plan.with same speed i had....their service has gone worse they are not at all responding to customers queries.....so i am going 2 change my isp...I am from chennai, Tamil nadu....the 198 helpline customer care is nt at all good........Airtel has become very worse in service nowadays

Just checked my FUP(through smartbytes) on my new billing cycle and its still 10 GB when it should be 30 GB. They have been doing this to me since the last 2 months and I'm not even getting the proper speed on my 4 mbps plan. I'm getting only 1.3 mbps when I should be getting 4 mbps
This is the Reason why i have been Ignoring Airtel for a long time.
Btw which plan did you opt?

This is the Reason why i have been Ignoring Airtel for a long time.
Btw which plan did you opt?

i was in 599 plan 10gb 2mbps after that 256kbps....gave a complaint regarding fup for cancellation of connection.retention called me up and gave an offer of plan with 799 rental with 512kbps after 10gb of 2mbps,later that month understood i was deceived by airtel that no such plan exists they changed me to 999 plan with same speed i was getting @ at a low rental......Still giving complaint those people are ignoring me....i don't why the customers are being treated by airtel disconnecting the calls made to them...making false promises....

Airtel is the worst, here's solid proof,

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8691/62779041.th.png

As you can see, i'm on the 1299 plan which 2mbps 30GB FUP.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3954/64299124.th.png

This pic above shows that i've used around 15GB.

And, guess what my speed was reduced to 256kbps today.

https://www.speedtest.net

Paying 1299 for 2mbps with 30gb fup then 256kbps is a wasteBeam would be cheaper and better 999 for 10mbps 30gb fup then 2mbps (uploads not counted)

Another frustrated Airtel Broadband customer says goodbye. Sadly, knowing Airtel, they would make his life misery during the process of termination of connection.

Dear Airtel

After 7 years of being on your network for broadband, the time has finally come to say goodbye. When I first got my Airtel broadband connection i was bowled over by the wonderful customer service, on time installation, good service and an excellent product. Unfortunately since February of this year all of that has disappeared.

Airtel broadband service is now all about being mercenary and run on the premise of SELL SELL SELL. Ever since you introduced the 'Smart Bytes service. It has been nothing but a painful downhill ride. First you severely limited the data transfer allowed to your customers by introducing some rather absurd and restrictive FUP limits. I have used internet in 7 countries of the world and I have never seen a FUP limit of 6 or 8 GB. FUP for example in Japan is about 30 GB/Day.

After the FUP exhausts my connection is brought down to 256 kbps which is far lower than what your chief rival offers in terms of minimum speed. in fact it is half the speed of what a company whose name starts with B and ends with L gives. The effective speed that I get on my connection therefore is only about 120-140 kbps. It is a speed that is so painfully slow that even opening up websites is but nigh impossible. I have no intention ever of purchasing any Smartbytes so please do not try to even begin offering that as a solution. I believe that a minimum decent broadband speed is what you should be offering, if you dare to advertise your product as broadband. Sorry 256 kbps is not broadband in this day and age.

I tried to reason with your customer care, I wrote you emails. Contacted you over social media like Facebook and Twitter. After all of this contact, I was finally assured that my FUP will be set to 30 GB/month. My FUP limit was revised as promised, the discount was given as well. However….

As time went by your service went further downhill and then you started the new trend of interrupting web surfing with Smartbytes advertising. This is akin to annoying pop up advertising of a bygone era but of course with no opt out since the ISP (that is you people) being responsible for this sordid advertising. So desperate are you to sell these Smartbyte plans that the latest new gimmick that your company has taken to is by sending unsolicited SMS to your subscribers. My number is registered on the DND but it seems that you do not see that as a detterent.

Now things have reached to a head and I have noticed that even with a revised 30 GB FUP my internet data transfer limit runs out within 10 days. Not that you have increased my connection speed which would ordinarily explain why. I am not a heavy net user because mostly I am not a downloader, I have limited YouTube use and thats about it. Also previously with far less data transfer the FUP was lasting me far longer. This makes me suspect something is wrong with the way you are billing your customers. I talked with my friends who also have Airtel Broadband connections in Delhi, Mumbai and some others here in Chandigarh. All these friends confirm they are facing similar issues.

I have finally decided that I have had quite enough, I have decided therefore to shift my provider and to go on to some other network. I do not think that I would like to be on Airtel anymore for Broadband. You are therefore requested to terminate my connection with immediate effect. Please understand that after the receipt of this email I am not to be billed for any services and this email is to be treated as final notice for termination of connection. I have already called your customer service helpline at 121 and intimated them of my decision to disconnect. They have provided me with a complaint no. 20095010. I hope that you will appreciate that I have taken the time out to point out to you why I am dropping your company as a service provider. Let me summarise, I now feel that AIrtel has turned in to a greedy corporate leviathan which does not care for its customers or listens to what they have to say. Aggressive marketing, pushing unwanted products down our throats, being interruptive and lacking generosity are other factors. I am sorry to say but I feel fleeced.

I hope you will therefore show speed and efficiency and disconnecting my landline and broadband.

Regards

Shivdeep Singh

"The effective speed that I get on my connection therefore is only about 120-140 kbps"Wait a minute, he says his plan speed gets lowered to 256 kbps but effectively he is getting the speeds of a 1mbps connection i.e 120-140 KBps. Am I reading this wrong?

hey my dear friends... Nice to meet up again. Lol
Strange to see that there are people still putting up with Airtel's nonsense and waiting for probably the end of the world before they kick em out and move on! lol Congrats to the ones who have done so though! All praise for y'all!

I just got down to checking out the alternatives and My GOD!! There are so many Alternatives now compared to the handful of @r$3#0!3$ we had as ISPs! Probably the only thing standing in ones way would be the most important factor called Availability! There's a site(Compare all broadband internet providers in India) Considering the fact that it also has the prices mentioned inclusive of tax! That saves the time and energy of morons(me included) repeatedly asking which is good?, which is better/best?, etc, time and time again! lmao 😉

The whole customer care point is now thankfully(not really) redundant considering they're ALL just plain f'd up! The sad thing though, I still see that MOST of the sites miss out mentioning one of the most important other aspects of bandwidth, "UPLOAD SPEED!" As of now, I see Spectranet has mentioned 2Mbps as the upload speed on its Wifi Plans with Download varying from lesser upwards! That's a First!

Well me being me, I have to see it for myself from the horse's mouth so have started my usual excel sheet work to see the side-by-side comparison of the new players in town to get a basic idea as to which is the most feasible while remembering to do something others miss out, reading between the lines!!! By the end of it I will know though and hopefully if I find an availability, since I have purchased my own damn modem and when I receive my other modem's refund, I'll give it a thought!

I see a Tikona box on my terrace so will see through its site too. ACT of Bangalore has some pretty damn good plans I guess, but then we all hope it's not just an ACT(pun intended) for a future FUP once the user base has been flooded and bandwidth goes amiss! Well, after all it's business! Unless Mother Theresa came in a dream of some owners and companies are really going all out to Service the Nation's internet children! The real picture now being its own children being r@p3d(or you can call it Serviced in George Carlin's business terms) by these ISPs while so called Authorities just stand aside and let it happen!

God! I don't know which I want to wish for: Die Sooner to Avoid seeing All the 8u11$#!t and worrying about it or just lose my freakin' head and go all out and start a freakin' R3v0lution! (hopefully a peaceful one though) because I wouldn't want to be termed a tear-a-wrist now would I?!! Well you can hump crores(wait a minute, I forgot the new term, LAKH CRORES!) in scam and walk free men/women as long as you are in power and not be termed one and even still remain in power only temporarily gutting your puppets, but be honest and die sooner!

Well still waiting to see more drops empty out in rivers from being enslaved by corporate BS pundits and move on to the lesser evil guys, just hoping they don't grow horns and become greedy, once they've gained some customers! I don't know why, but this year, I don't feel very good around the so called Independence Day! Probably because we all ain't TRULY Free or Independent?! Just a thought! A SAD THOUGHT! (with a heavy heart leaves...)