Airtel Broadband Switchers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 531
  • Views Views 97,857
Services disconnected from airtel, i tried a trial account from spectranet and was working ok , but signal problms whr thr 🙁 , calling them for connection, hope to get it by next weeknd.

update:

wow, airtel retention guys visited on monday, i was not at home, they will come on saturday.
just make them roam around your home. they deserve it.

update:

wow, airtel retention guys visited on monday, i was not at home, they will come on saturday.

why are they visiting our homes what is the deal with it...I got a retention guy visiting mine ystdy to try and convince me to continue with them.and was pretty much demanding it ? I had make him get lost..

All this just made me more furious to get rid of Airtel.

Airtel Switcher how much time did airtel take to Disconnect the line. As 1st they said 2 days then now they are saying a week today would be the 7th day... and only thing happening is frequent calls from airtel retention which are pissing me off as they keep asking the same thing again and again and repeating their " ratava response " and when try telling them dnt wanna continue they say we will disconnect however they never do.

Also does anyone here got back their security deposit or asked it back. Anyone remembers the amount. I think it was Rs 500

Does any thing else needs to be done like letter signing or something from airtel ? All dues have already been cleared.

They took 10-11 days to disconnect.... 🙁I had not paid any deposit under the scheme under which it was offered, but the policy says 45 days, you can call them & get the process

You will have to return the modem before you can ask for refund, I think. Not sure, but you may try.

The best part is that the modem is still with me (Its been 10-12 days after disconnection as well). My friend tells me they never bothered to collect his modem even after a few phone calls. He stopped calling after that & has since moved to a new place. Its still lying in some obscure corner of his place now & he is holding it just in case they dont cause problems in future. Though I am skeptical they would one fine day search his alternate contact (i.e. mobile) & ask him for it or place charges for anything

I ended up paying around Rs 1500 for this modem separately when I had taken the connection 🙁

gurgaon folks on the forum. Any "decent" replacement to Craptel out here? Sorry if the question has been asked before. Havent gone through the thread. If this has been discussed before could you people please point me to the set of posts?

admin tried out reliance which was the only option. He has not been very happy about it as he is getting bills for the connection even when he cancelled it after booking it...

----------

guys shall I call the Airtel CC again..I have already done couple of times for disconnection. Today is the 8th day and still no disconnection has been done ?

Are you able to make outgoing calls.. For me, it was in stages ...first, after 8-9 days outgoing stopped & then finally after another 2-3 days incoming also stopped. If outgoing is stopped then they are in "Work in progress", and it should be a matter of 2-3 more days . If not , better call them...

Lol hey guys/bros in arms, Am back for a bout of TOUGH LOVE again 😉 Err BTW aren't most of the questions already answered in the posts? or people don't believe in reading anymore before asking or are having a serious bout of amnesia?!!!Anyways just so as to avoid the notion of me being felt as a pompous prick, let me spell it out again LOUD and CLEAR this time...For DISCONNECTION of PLAN, call UNF-Airtel(or whichever ISP) and MAIL too just to make sure that you got it as DOCUMENTED PROOF. Ask THEM what is the specified date they will be using as the date of disconnection and DISCONNECT your modem as soon as that day arrives! Don't say they charged me so and so amount, because that was just bound to happen! Usually if the request is near the end date of billing cycle, they SHOULD disconnect with that date, or they do mention a particular date, if not YOU PARTICULARLY TELL THEM to DISCONNECT and that you are NOT INTERESTED in Retaining the connection for ANY God forsaken reason and disconnect your modem alone so that they can contact you on your phone and for Christ's Sake Don't MAKE Any CALLS on THAT LINE!As far as deposit goes, you should either have that amount noted down on the delivery note or application form mentioned very clearly. Most of the time it is 500 Rs. Again, like I ALREADY mentioned earlier, if you have BOUGHT The modem from them, THEN it is YOURS! If you have paid a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit for the modem, THEN the modem will be THEIRS and will DEFINITELY BE COLLECTED BY THEM for you to get back your pesky amount of deposit, following your signature hitting their note of having returned the equipment. You will then receive a DD addressed to you for the same within a stipulated number of days of course which will again be mentioned by them to you.As far as which plan to take, YOU have ALL THE DETAILS clearly mentioned on the sites or the brochures of the respective ISPs! You can make an educated guess as to which plan to take based on What YOU WANT! If you are okay with the FUP and ULF or whatever go with the plans that suit you based on YOUR NEED! If you are not okay with that part, then there are only a few VFM plans so you can take the plan most suited to your budget and needs based on that and MAKE SURE YOU INQUIRE that there is DEFINITELY NO FUP limit BEFORE/PRIOR TAKING THE CONNECTION! The only condition AVAILABILITY OF THAT ISP's SERVICE in your Location!Now this would seem the most appropriate thing to do to avoid any BULL$#it from anyone, READ This post or through other posts in the forum and I am sure definitely someone would be helped in clearing their doubts based on what is already there, if not, there's the SEARCH :haha:function to search through the forum and read the posts that seem appropriate to your query or else there's always Google :Boy Surrender:. Thank you.:Boy Bow:

Hayai broadband launched time can be compared to Valve Time.

MOre like Duke Nukem as Operamaniac said here, Althoguht I hope Hayai wont be baddddd bust like Duke nukem forever is... but just thats hope...