Airtel Broadband Switchers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 531
  • Views Views 97,862
You can't be too careful they say... This post about Beam's policy above got me reading it for the first time... and frankly I found it hilarious... yep Hilarious and not threatening...

We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with the Company under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help the Company communicate with you about offers from the Company and ou

Clearly they copied it some damn site... no wondered they mention something about... The Company plans to display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
What Ads.. lol..
if any thing you can accuse them for plagiarism... rest of it is plain funny...

Have been with BEAM for sometime now, and can tell you the infringement to my privacy from BEAM has been in the form SMS warning not to entertain any kinds of calls/personal visits from anyone asking for personal info...

so, Chill dude...

and not to mention this is an online policy (perhaps meant for some website) not present anywhere in the forms we sign with beam while taking connections...

yes. beam *should* show users activity for a period of 3 months(Or is it 6?) whenever govt asks it. As you said yourself, every damn website tracks users. You yourself said, install anti tracking programs and you won't be able to open even google. Also what info does it have on me? Maybe my address and phone numbers. Or the list of sites i've visited. Fine, there's nothing to be afraid. Other than that ... i don't think anything else will happen. Also yeah ..beam doesn't spam your inbox with shitty offers and other shit. Beam only messages to show that i've paid the bill for this month or take care of your computer while DNS changer malware is on loose (july 9th i guess)

You can't be too careful they say... This post about Beam's policy above got me reading it for the first time... and frankly I found it hilarious... yep Hilarious and not threatening...
Yeah NO one can be too careful, not when they don't read especially, but tell me who would you feel sorry for? A person who took time out and evaded something or helped someone else escape it, or someone too lazy to see the danger and walk right into it get smacked! Worst part is Some things are done intentionally to screw all and sundry and it puts the person at risk for warning the others and problem is the stupid one doesn't get whacked, but the one who saves the stupids, hence after it happens you will have to sit and think were they Worth it? And trust me, the answer to that is Painful!

Well sometimes some things can be funny, especially when it does unintended harm somewhere down the line, which you least expected (how and why you may ask, but strange things happen in mysterious ways), but will you die laughing when it's against your wishes? Although it would feel like a good thing to do, I doubt so.

We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with the Company under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help the Company communicate with you about offers from the Company and ou

Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria...
Questions to ask: How do they know you are a woman first? And also aged between that group? Who are these Partners and How Many Are There? Is the Government involved, Anti-Piracy Groups, etc, etc? TRUST NO ONE and Keep Asking Questions! At least to yourself, so that you'll understand a basic idea to things and the BIGGER Picture.
Sure you read it, but did it Seep In? I doubt so, because it was just a joke... Right? Dude Seriously?! Please! And btw these are not the ONLY things you will find dubious on the page if you read it in its entirety that is!

However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
So going by this you click on a particular page just to scroll down the page with the mouse, but unfortunately it activates the ad(supposedly by mistake), now you receive those ads ASSUMING that you meet the targeting Criteria! Come on man get off your laysz a$$(all in jest) and smell the Coffee/Tea whichever you prefer!

Clearly they copied it some damn site... no wondered they mention something about... What Ads.. lol..
if any thing you can accuse them for plagiarism... rest of it is plain funny...
Almost every Policy or Everything to Do with Legal or Official Stuff, is some Monotonous copy(ever read your land documents or rental agreements, company policies) of Some damn single Source so called Approved by the Law! No taking time to read. Is it apt with our company or our customers' situation. Just like the whole FUP Fiasco. They Did It, So We ALL Do It! Screw customers or Sorry Sir, The LAW states, so we have/had to Oblige! It's not in Our Hands. We took your money, Yes, but it was little. They Take our Money and Will also Make us Lose our Money if We Don't Oblige, so once again, We Apologize! Sound familiar?!

without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Bet you found this line too very funny. Hmmm how do I put it? Ah forget it. You just have to read again, this time fully, read between the lines and figure it out for yourself 😛 Just an example, With Unfa!Rtel You CANNOT OPT OUT of receiving their automated voice calls and SMS even after you Discontinue their service for DTH, which means you have to get rid of the number registered to their service. Stupid! No Doubt, but Can't Help it, because you took a service that DOES NOT ALLOW you to OPT OUT!

Have been with BEAM for sometime now, and can tell you the infringement to my privacy from BEAM has been in the form SMS warning not to entertain any kinds of calls/personal visits from anyone asking for personal info...

so, Chill dude...

and not to mention this is an online policy (perhaps meant for some website) not present anywhere in the forms we sign with beam while taking connections...
Well the first part about sending SMS as in beware of giving out personal info or ISD Spam messages are all fine, but why do they need to search, when they Already HAVE IT?! In case you didn't realize, it's available everywhere! Every place you enter your info is a DATABASE which can be used according to POLICY or at least you will be LIED to In your face that the information is Safe! I have registered with DND numerous times(2009 mind you) on two different operators and even after receiving confirmation messages I still receive ad msgs on a daily basis. Do You Actually think they do their job and Will Follow Norms? Two Words, They DON'T!

Oh I'm Chilling Alright Despite the Heat from Inside burning at the ignorance of some which is gonna affect ALL on the whole, but sadly in each one's own hands. So I rest my case. The choice is yours, as you sow so you reap! All those shindigs included.

Which part of the word "YOU" (perhaps meant for some website) did you miss on the website or on that page? How about this line "The Company may update this policy and display the same in their website without notice to you and such posting will be deemed to have been read by you" So when you sign the dotted line or x marked space 😛 It was meant to be felt so that you already know things you have no IMMEDIATE access to. Pretty neat huh?!

How do you think, we all get royally screwed on our Jobs, by Banks, etc even if the Company, etc is at fault, and yet can't do anything? We Signed something, somewhere down the line which had Nothing Much, just something worthless called, "A POLICY" Hidden Aptly somewhere for occasions like this, which we assumed hilarious and non-important or life-threatening, at that time, just for kicks, and THEY assumed you KNEW it was NOT SO, before hand!!! That's why the Statuary Warning: DO NOT ASSUME! Now at least are you getting the slight picture my Dear Friend?! Please Say Yes so that I won't feel I'm wasting my time!

Frankly, I don't know which I am more tired of now or who is to blame! The Fraudulent methods of Companies or the So Called CORRUPT LOT on the Whole OR the People Being Lackadaisical and Complacent Enough to Let Them Do So and Yet Keep Cribbing and Not ACT!

Like I said... the policy has been ^C + ^V from some site...

I din't sign or accept or consent this policy (on whichever site ur referring to) when I took the connection!

@michschu1 -
PS: this is going way off-topic for this thread... perhaps one of the reasons i got attracted to this forum... i.e., bashing Airtel... so let's leave the santity of the thread intact and keep on the holy purpose...
you can continue bashing beam and others infringing on your privacy and ppl like us for ignoring msgs in public interest from likes of U in a different thread.... (a new one may be)

bobbyguitarist;657459]yes. beam *should* show users activity for a period of 3 months(Or is it 6?) whenever govt asks it.

I know this and it happens with most ISPs.

As you said yourself, every damn website tracks users. You yourself said, install anti tracking programs and you won't be able to open even g**gle.
I didn't say this, but yes I know every website or program you use on your computer/mobile tracks usage details(so called anonymously). THIS I DID NOT SAY install anti tracking programs and you won't be able to open even g**gle. which only proves you did not do what I said nor understand the point. Just a clue .com becomes .in

Also what info does it have on me? Maybe my address and phone numbers. Or the list of sites I've visited. Fine, there's nothing to be afraid. Other than that... I don't think anything else will happen.
This is what I was talking about. So You are Saying All The ACTUAL BAD People are in Jail and the Good Ones Are Out? Buddy Look around you, or watch the news! And like I said, You Have to Learn what that info can be used for,(maybe in the future) before you rant something like I don't do no wrong, what can they do?! Just don't tempt them. But ask yourself this question, Can Your Data Be Used Against you To Show That You Did Something Wrong Even if You Didn't? The Honest Answer to that question will Give you Your Reasons to be Afraid or Not! And you/WE are HUMAN, you/WE will commit a mistake, if not now, maybe later! Only differentiating factor that time will be, Are you in the Elite Group to Escape the Law or A Common Man!

Also yeah ..beam doesn't spam your inbox with shitty offers and other shit. Beam only messages to show that i've paid the bill for this month or take care of your computer while DNS changer malware is on loose (july 9th i guess)[/QUOTE]

That is for now. Talk to me later... lol And you thought that ads means spamming your inbox?! Sorry buddy, I was barking up the wrong tree. Go check out a video about the Gm@!l man, etc. Or watch a few TED Talks site videos, be enlightened then get back to me. Well billing info etc are mandatory to be sent by ISPs to customers, The thing is B$NL removed the facility to check The Data Usage from the Site, Why the TRAI didn't make that mandatory to be put back?! Well to be honest the info about malware will be known to those who usually browse Tech sites, your usual mail sites, etc, inform you of such things, and if you have a good anti-virus program it might take care, but to the one who doesn't care in reading, they're screwed regardless. And btw No Antivirus Program has ability to protect you from Zero Day Viruses! And well there's more than enough Spyware and Cookies, browser hacks, rootkits on the loose every time you browse the web! You just have to Run your Scans Regularly and Pray you don't catch a few! lol

Well I know the whole world Lives off Scare Mongering. How do you explain the Absurd bans, etc? But All I can Tell You is Live Right and Hope and Pray Things Go Fine. EXCEPT Don't Be Naive or Ignorant Trusting Everything/Everyone is Just Fine/Good like an Optimistic Fool. Always Expect the Unexpected, Be Alert, and See Both Sides of the Coin!

Like I said... the policy has been ^C + ^V from some site...

I din't sign or accept or consent this policy (on whichever site ur referring to) when I took the connection!

@michschu1 -
PS: this is going way off-topic for this thread... perhaps one of the reasons i got attracted to this forum... i.e., bashing Airtel... so let's leave the santity of the thread intact and keep on the holy purpose...
you can continue bashing beam and others infringing on your privacy and ppl like us for ignoring msgs in public interest from likes of U in a different thread.... (a new one may be)

Lol Yes They're all ^C ^Vs and Well the Form and the Site are of the Same ISP dude so that correlates their policies and your attachment according to THEM, not me so don't Blame/Flame me. I'm just giving you guys a heads up. Take it or leave it.

Do You think I Actually want that to happen? Sanity(or I am guessing you meant Sanctity because you mentioned holy purpose) of the thread always will remain intact, don't worry. So long as people are Reading the Thread and Leaving Airtel, not sticking on and cribbing. If you've read my previous posts, you'll know I've been doing quite a lot of UnF@!rtel bashing! Not been ki$$ing Their A$$! But then, All I am saying is Don't Trust the Next One Blindly Either. Do Your Own Research and then Jump onto the Next Devil so Long as you Jump, (all I am saying is Look Before You Jump) I will be the happiest!!!

And where did you come up with this assumption of bashing others ALONE from and it's not MY privacy Alone nor do I use Beam in case you didn't notice? How is ignoring factual messages, which as usual were overlooked by doing just that, gonna be in public interest? What do you mean "the likes of you?" Do you even know me before this? I already said buddy, "Don't Assume or Jump to Conclusions in Haste." The questions and statements made in this thread are being replied to. That's about it AND there's nothing WRONG in asking my fellow brethren to be a bit vigilant in their choices, because WE have ALL been bitten else where too!

Sometimes things will go off-topic, but it will come back too so long as the info is useful well and good. If not, there's always free choice i.e. Read or Just Skip reading the post if felt useless. Is that really hard to do? Ask my dear friend chromaniac, he'll teach you! lol!

Come on Guys Waiting to Hear more that Guys Have Kicked their A$$3$ out!!!