Airtel Broadband: Static IP with Airtel

@Netfreak:Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Will try out the settings today evening.ADSL Modem was in Bridge Mode, with No DHCP. The VPI/VCI at 0/35. Modulation of G.Dmt.The connection type is 1483 LLC type. Then I saved and re-booted ADSL Modem. After this i switched off the ADSL Modem.Then I configured Netgear gave 192.168.0.1 to Netgear LAN IP. Enabled DHCP server, and gave DHCP range from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.51 .MTU value at 1500. RIP Direction: Both and RIP Version: RIP_2M .Saved settings and switched off the Netgear Router.Finally configured the TCP/IP properties of system. IP: 192.168.0.10Gateway: 192.168.0.1Subnet: 255.255.255.0DNS were the OpenDNS primary and secondary server. Saved and switched of system.Afer this I switched on in series provided below:1st: ADSL UT Starcom Modem. Wait till lights are all stable.2nd: Netgear Router. Wait till lights are stable.3rd: Laptop.But I was unbale to browse.Pinged the Netgear router @ 192.168.0.1Got successful reply with TTL=64. Zero packet loss.So can you please tell me, where did I go wrong?@Unknown_User:Yeah it is dynamic IP. I called up Airtel CC and confirmed they. Thety give static IP's for commercial and corporates. But in case of houseold purpose it is dynamic. It does not matter whether it is UL or capped.Any other suggestions?Regards,J a c k 🙂Help me guys. This has become a pain in my a** from 3 to 4 days.

Then I configured Netgear gave 192.168.0.1 to Netgear LAN IP.
Enabled DHCP server, and gave DHCP range from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.51 .
Finally configured the TCP/IP properties of system.
IP: 192.168.0.10
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Netgear LAN IP should be 192.168.15.1 Using 15 as an example it could be anything but 0.

DHCP range should be DHCP range from 192.168.15.2 to 192.168.15.51 .

TCP/IP of your system should be
IP: 192.168.15.10
Gateway: 192.168.15.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0

I _think_ WAN IP of Netgear is in range of 192.168.0.X as well and thats causing the problem.

Go to "router status" page of Netgear and post WAN IP. If it is 192.168.0.X then setting LAN IPs to 192.168.15.X will solve the problem.

@Netfreak.Me at office, so cannot implement your solution. Possibly WAN is where the probelm is. Thanks a lot for your detialed solution. I will try it out today eveing and post reply. Till then, I am confident with a smile due to netfreak's solution. Cheers,J a c k 🙂

@Netfreak, @AshishSpecial thanks to both of you, as you guys gave me the way to resolve my issue.Netfreak's solution worked, and i tried out on more solution by providing 192.168.0.1 to ADSL Modem and making it in bridge mode. Then without any changes to Netgear, it detects as connection in PPoE mode, and the rest is providing DSL uname/pwd and configuring Wi-Fi.Will post a detailed write-up soon.Thanks to Shusubh, Unknown_user who participatd in the discussion, by clearing my doubts on Static IP allocation by Airtel. Guess the Title of the thread is a misnomer now, but I named it as I used to get "Dynamic IP Detected" by Netgear when this issue cropped up.Chow,J a c k 🙂

Hey guys I want to change my Dynamic Ip To Static Ip.......is there any way to change it?? I have a plan 256kbpsUL with With 220BX1 Modem Or is it better to stay with Dynamic Ip??? Please Help Me

you can get a "static hostname" for your dynamic ip...check out no-ip.org and dyndns.com for details...

if u need a static IP, then u need to contact Airtel only...both have their advantages and disadvantages...based on ur usage, u should decide which one is best for u...

If your going to be using link-removed stick with DYNAMIC !! That way, you wont need to wait hours between downloads.

Hi All,Is there any broadband plan from airtel which includes static IP? I am looking for plan with static IP. My requirements are as follows1. Static IP2. 512 kbps speed3. Unlimited download 4. Monthly rental around 1500-2000 Please suggest me plans meeting these requirements.Also share your experinces with Airtel. Regards,Ramesh Bende

Airtel do have a 512 Kbps U/L plan for 1450 Rupees..and regarding Static Ip u need to talk to customer care whether or not u need to pay anything extra for that.

hmm whats the need of static ip
I am about to host site.So that is why i need static ip.But i think one can use dynamic ip to host a website using daynamic dns. Does anybody have any idea about how to use daynamic ip with DNS?

Airtel provides static IPs to business customers only, home customers have to make do with dynamic IPs only.
Can you provide me details of business plan?