Airtel Broadband Speed on Demand Discontinued?

ISP
airtel
Has Airtel discontinued Speed on Demand service?? I have been trying to activate it for long but the page always shows error.. today when i called up the customer care executive(Mr Hemant) , he said that airtel has discontinued Speed on Demand service from Nov 1.. can anyone of you please confirm this.. Since the day , Airtel has started its smartbytes service, I've always had trouble opening up Speed on demand page.. and now they are saying that it has been discontinued and only airtel smartbytes can be activated.. Is this true or was it just a plain lie that he told me.. I'm not a big fan of airtel smartbytes service..It always inflates my bill..I find SOD more convenient..

i have heard similar stuff on twitter. i cannot confirm. there are two things to consider here... 1. SOD had a top speed of 2mbps. most airtel plans today are 2mbps (or faster) so it became useless for delivering SPEED on demand. 2. SOD was turning out to be cheaper than going for SmartBytes plans. I guess Airtel realized that and discontinued it :\

I really doubt if they have discontinued SOD service..if it had been so, then the link would not open and secondly they should have given some notice regarding that on their website.. Can anyone of you please confirm if SOD is working on your airtel IP?

Never heard/read airtel giving notice about plan change or removal.Even for my DTH, they randomly remove channels from your base pack.

well that shows that airtel customer executives are just blatantly lying and forcing one to register for airtel smartbytes service.. @ amitnsonu bro could you please tell me your phone number(just pm if you can) so that I can have a proof when I talk to the airtel management.. thanks