Airtel Broadband: Some Doubts Regarding new connection

• Thread starter Thread starter ra_bunty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,106

ra_bunty

ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
Hello to you all.I was thinkng of taking new connection of airtel broadband (649 Rs Plan 256 unlimited).I am currently using MTNL (599 Rs 256 unlimited plan).I want to know two or three things .Firstly what speed one could expect from airtel i get 28Kbps from MTNL on UTORRENT constantly and if they have fair usage policy on this Plan or not.also if there are frequent disconnections problems which are common in MTNL.please help me if you can

Had MTNL before i used to get more than rated speed as per my plan maybe they dint have a check then but disconnections were frequent and CS is crap so i switched to airtel.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the 256kbps plan has a FUP. You should get anywhere between 30-35kbps on utorrent.

U shud not expect more than your share of speed that is 32KB/sec.You may get more but thats a different story.secondly, the FUP is only applicable on plans with more than 256Kbps speeds as the 256kbps plan cant be penalized on speed in accordance with TRAI regulations. (broadband = at least 256kbps)No disconnects and best service amongst all ISPs.:cool2::thumb:

I had been using the 649 plan continously for a while before moving on to a higher plan.The speeds were consistent around 25 kbps with occassional boosts and no burps.As for the frequent disconnections(touch wood), i have faced non till date and even when i wud be facing i know airtel guys are just a call away as they have responded to all my queries within 2-3 hrs(daytime) of requests(instrument change/rewiring etc.)