Airtel Broadband SmartBytes

Torrents game

Smart Tip : - Instead of buying the smartbytes we can upgrade our plans, for the same price we can get additional traffic for few months & then downgrade back to original plan

Not really a solution. If you consistently consume more bandwidth than your plan and use SmartBytes regularly, then of course you are just being stupid.
You cannot change your plan in the middle of a month so changing your plan is not a workaround.

airtel does allow change of plans in the middle of the month atleast in selected circles. Added advantage is your FUP gets reset with entire FUP of the new plan irrespective of your usage in that month.

Well they changed that policy in my city long time ago. I actually was stuck on a 3GB FUP plan for a full month because they would not change my plan on the second day of the new cycle. This was when I had applied for a plan change on the 28th day of the previous billing cycle. I was told that the system requires 3-4 days to process the request so my request was only processed in the next billing cycle.

Atleast for the same price we can get additional traffic for few months on higher plan was right.
I would rather pay the electricity company 100 rupees more & download all day instead of buying smartbytes
(Since airtel is saving trees by using ebill why don't they try to save power by providing better plans)

Yup. Idiocy all around. It has become incredibly stupid to use a PC for downloads. A lot of people have switched to their routers or other devices for downloads which do not require your PC to be on. I need to find a similar solution for myself 😀

A lot of routers with USB ports come with inbuilt torrent client. And then there are NAS and other devices that offer similar functionalities.
You just connect a hard disk to the router or these devices and control the torrent client using a browser on your computer or phone.
Manu on this forum... Is using Pogoplug for the same.
http://pogoplug.com/activate/

Given the price of pogoplug + storage device, I would prefer a nettop with remote desktop to my pc. (I don't know power consumption of both ideas)

IndianMascot said:
becareful with this plan
this is kind of getting more money from you if you don't read carefully ..my cousin was using my comuter at home and he got this message poped up and selected that options.......ola...now Airtel says there is no way to cancel the smart bytes only way is to opt for the same..no cancelling the service.....
When called they say the system should ask for the password when selecting the service, in fact it didn't ......... so have to be very care full
http://sushubh.net/4390-airtel-smartbytes-scam-customers

is it just me or everyone not getting smartbytes redirection at every reconnect for last couple of days? it actually doesn't make much of a difference because you still cant open any site for 30 seconds but its good to not have those irritating redirects.