Airtel Broadband SmartBytes

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
He added that under the new Smartbyte scheme, customers will be given the option
to choose from packs starting at Rs 99 for 1 gigabyte (GB) to Rs 1,499 for 50
GB.

Ridiculously high price! No, thanks.

Rs. 30-100 per GB. And this probably exclude taxes. So more like Rs. 35-110 per GB.

They launched this about two months ago. I was nearing my FUP quota and the SMS told me to go to airtel to check out their "high speed" plans. There's a list of packages available at the link.

holy cow. this link actually told me my current usage. without logging into my account. and people often keep on complaining how to check their usage!

High speed data transfer limit 150.0
GBs left in your account 80.16
Days left in the current Bill Cycle 18

----------

This is actually very stupid. No password, nothing. I can actually login to any user's account on his network (even on Wi-Fi I guess) and subscribe him to a smartbyte package!

Bharti Airtel to charge less for additional broadband usage - The Economic Times

Ridiculously high price! No, thanks.

I saw this today in newspaper....and i lol'ed!

haha. so they are finally realizing the need for data packages!

Rs. 30-100 per GB. And this probably exclude taxes. So more like Rs. 35-110 per GB.

99 Bucks for a GB? :shock:

All I can say is this: it's an improvement. Remember that the prices were previously Rs400+ per GB. Kudos to Airtel for reducing the prices of data (finally), but boo for not going far enough?

The Smartbytes pricing makes no sense. Instead of buying 50 GB for Rs. 1499, I could get myself a second Airtel connection and consume 75 GB for Rs. 1599. That comes to Rs. 21.32 per GB. If i want to be more adventurous, I could go for a second connection with 150 GB @Rs. 1999 which works out to Rs. 13.33 per GB.

heh that's what i said in my piece. 🙂

and the second connection would of course be unlimited in nature too at 256kbps.

the counter agreement is that you might not require additional data package every month.