Airtel Broadband Slow DNS?

• Thread starter Thread starter imagegrill
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,726
Are you certain it's a problem with the Airtel DNS servers? Here are the Airtel DNS addresses I know of:203.145.184.13203.145.184.40Requesting a lookup from them results in an answer in 28-32 ms. However, on other occasions it can go up to 80 ms.

Had a look at your wireshark trace and it seems to me that you have an abnormally high number of reset flags set in your tcp packets going out from your modem. A reset flag in a packet asks for an termination of that particular connection and it needs to be re-established. I'm not sure why yet though, but what it means is that your connections to a website may be getting re-established multiple times before it loads successfully, hence the slow load times.Try replacing the modem.Edit: I think that wireshark trace should be sufficient cause to indicate a fault and be enough for a modem replacement.

@op i have the exact problem you mentioned :wall: . some time dns lookup fails randomly.when i use OpenDns it works some what better than Airtel DNS i mean speed wise.But the weird problem is when i do Hard/Soft restart it reverts back to default settings. Some times even username and password 😡 reverts to default.no solution yet ?a doubt ? i have some 16K~ entries in host file can it be a also problem for slow browsing ..Note: this problem started since old modem died because of lightning and new modem replaced.can it be a problem too ?

Similar situation on a PC I was remote troubleshooting sometime back. In that case, it was a virus attack which was cleaned up but left traces here and there. I don't remember whether I solved that problem or not.Can you try using your netbook on another network and see if the problem is with the netbook only? Please report here.

Sorry for the long time no post but I have been travelling.Anyway I now have a new modem and router combined. I brought a Linksys WAG160N when I was in the UK last week for GBP 63 (approx INR 5300). I have not band N wifi products yet, but I figured a bit of future proofing can't be bad as I'm sure to have some soon enough (I like gadgets 🙂Anyway that is all set up and has not really made much difference. It seems to change from day to day.I have reset the Beetel modem and connected that directly to the PC (no router) and the connection was better, for a while. It seems complete power off for a bit works :madness:The netbook was working fine on my parents wife connection in the UK and my wife tells me it is working fine at her parents house in the Czech Republic. So that's good and shows her netbook is not the problem.However, my PC always suffered far worse so what I am going to do next week is take an image of my PC and then re-format the hard drive and re-install the OS and get it on the net and see if that makes a difference. That should remove any hidden viruses etc. If that does not work I can re-install the image and I won't lose more than an evening. If it does work then I can spend another couple of evening re-installing all my programs. Think is I only re-configured last October when I brought by 1TB HDD for my data :wall:Not there yet, but slowly eliminating elements. Once I have eliminated the PC as the source I shall get onto Airtel once again as I would have done everything I could possible do from my side!Thanks everyone who has offered help and support!