• Thread starter Thread starter krtin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 15,889

krtin

ISP
Airtel
Hardware & Software:
Modem: Beetel 450BXI (The one with inbuilt WIFI)
Operating System: Windows 7
Type of IP: Dynamic IP address
State: The modem is directly connected to PC
speed: 256kbps

I have tried setting the server with Apache and IIS 7,I am able to access my website on localhost and LAN IP Address(even on other devices connected to my WIFI),but not with my WAN IP Address(I have tried on other PC's that are not connected to my network also but in vain).Also I have done port forwarding on port '80' and port '8080' (in case port 80 is blocked).
Hope someone will help me!

Try enabling DMZ on ur LAN IP Address.

Upvote 0
To:waterloo_sunset
I tried but it didn't work.Still the same problem.

To:essbebe
No I do not have DDNS option in advanced setup

Thank you for your reply!

I am attaching my router settings file
Download it here (200kb-doc file)

Thanking you for your help

Upvote 0
Update: saw your doc.
To:essbebe
No I do not have DDNS option in advanced setup

It is available. DynamicDNS.
Also see
http://i44.tinypic.com/263arfk.jpg

If you are in Dialup mode
change to PPP/PPPoE ( always ON) mode and try.

Type 192.168.1.1./ddnsmgr.cmd

192.168.1.1/main.html
Device Info
Summary
WAN
Statistics
LAN
WAN
ATM
ADSL
Route
ARP
DHCP
Advanced Setup
WAN
LAN
NAT
Virtual Servers
Port Triggering
DMZ Host
Multi NAT
NAT Sessions
Security
IP Filtering
Outgoing
Incoming
Quality of Service
Queue Config
QoS Classification
Routing
Default Gateway
Static Route
DNS
DNS Server
Dynamic DNS
DSL
Diagnostics
Management

Upvote 0
Port 80 is used by the router for its web admin interface i think. So the other option is to setup the server on port 8080 and forward the same on the Virtual Servers setup page(try setting the external port as 8080 and internal as 80 or vice versa and see if that works). Configure DynDNS under Advanced Setup>DNS ...post url here after ur done so we can try accessing it. Also try accessing it urself using a proxy service.EDIT: Try forwarding port 80 first by choosing web server from the dropdown menu like in the tutorial posted by essbebe below. If it doesn't work, then try using 8080.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A web server is software that continuously runs on a computer and allows other computers to download documents from it. This text that you're reading right travelled over a network connection from Lifehacker's hosting web server to your browser. Web servers are usually loud, scary, headless machines in cold windowless rooms, but you can run one under your desk at home.Why would you want to run a home web server? Maybe you want to download files on your home computer from anywhere. Like, say, your digital music collection. In this how-to, we'll set up a home web server that lets anyone (with the right password!) connect to your computer and download your MP3's from it, for a nice way to share your music collection with friends, or play a song from your home machine at the office for co-workers.

Upvote 0
This is not working for me. I went through the steps in the above URL but, even though the modem shows that it will use port 8080, port 80 still gets redirected to the modem config page. So I changed the webserver port to 85 and made changes to the nat configuration with external and internal ports as 85, its not working.

Hi
Please do the following
1.In routers/modem login page advance Setup-->Nat-->Virtual Server-->(if airtel)
Port Foward to port 80 in both external and internal port, and in ip address type your lan ip which is not 192.168.1.1 but something similar like 192.168.1.x for airtel (you can find this by typing ipconfig/all in command prompt and under your network name find something like (192.168.1.x)).Now save this.
2.In router/modem config page management-->Access control-->Services(if airtel) see if in HTTP both the columns are checked.
3.After this save and reboot your router but in doing so your lan ip might change so either make it static or foward multiple ip address(usually in 192.168.1.x x varies from 1-5)
4.Also if you connect through a wireless router you have port foward in its config page also.(for simplicity first try it without any router)
5.If you have an anti-virus add exception for port 80 in it also
6.If you have windows then go to system firewall and look allow a program and then add an exception to port 80

Hope it works
Sorry for late reply
It would be better if you tell in detail on how you connect to internet, your os, any anti-virus etc

Upvote 0
HI, I am also trying to setup a webserver on my Windows XP machine. I am unable to open this doc. May be its very old. can you please upload the document once again of send to my email?? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

::: How to Setup up a HTTP WebServer with DSL/Broadband ::: Airtel Broadcomm Beetel 220BX Router / Modem

will be same for 450BX

Hello, essbebe, Can you send me the document. It is not accessible now..
I am trying to setup a webserver for an application to be tested.

Upvote 0