Airtel Broadband Retention Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter jalanbk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 751
  • Views Views 218,020
Last year Airtel refused to upgrade speed citing feasibility (Although line stats were excellent). Now, they upgraded.

Line stats comparison:
(Last year) At 2mbps: SNR Margin: Downstream 25.3, Upstream 29.6
(Today) At 16mbps: SNR Margin: Downstream 6.3, Upstream 21.9

(Last year) At 2mbps: Attenuation: Downstream 28.0, Upstream 19.5
(Today) At 16mbps: Attenuation: Downstream 13.5, Upstream 12.5

(Last year) At 2mbps: HEC Errors: Downstream 6, Upstream 0
(Today) At 16mbps: HEC Errors: Downstream 3547, Upstream 0

(Last year) At 2mbps: CRC Errors: Downstream 2, Upstream 0
(Today) At 16mbps: CRC Errors: Downstream 137, Upstream 0

Today, I checked the stats and found out that attenuation is improved, does it mean Airtel has setup a new exchange closer to my place?

I think, I should not worry, as downstream SNR Margin is still above 6. Am I correct?

How much time they take to change the plan for you guys, i made a request yesterday, got same crappy reply that it is not available and then written another mail, but since then no response. On tweeter also Airtel presence is not replying to my tweets.

what's the suggestion, how much time I should wait before applying for disconnection ? if they do not change the plan i will go for disconnection for sure. Fed up of their unfair pricing.

OK guys whoever got their plans upgraded please tell me where do you exactly stay in gurgaon (if you stay in gurgaon)?
Actually in my society airtel is exclusive, I mean my RWA doesn't allow any other ISP in the society so I don't think I can play the disconnection card.

@igloo I guess BSNL is there, but who counts them among ISP anyways.
Last time I checked BSNL website their plans were pathetic and even more expensive than Airtel.

Recently when Airtel was laying Fiber in my society I asked my maintenance head to allow Spectranet too as the spectranet approached me via email asking my RWA to allow them but of course the maintenance said NO, I guess Airtel is really good at bribes 🙁

@salaxzar and @akshayw you guys are from gurgaon, could you please tell me in which area do you live so that I can tell Airtel CC that my friend so and so area has this plan O🙂

@Hold the Drink oh thank you so much for replying, I guess I can call them now but it could you also tell me what is your current plan.
Right now I'm paying around 2400 p.m (including taxes) for 8 mbps (it could be 16mbps too I'm not sure but most probably it's 8) with 120GB of data and of course unlimited landline which none of my family member uses 😛

Just had a convo with airtel CC he just said the same thing that this plan is not available in your area.
when I told him but my friend is also from gurgaon and not delhi or noida then he started telling me some thing about backend.

He also told me that my plan is of 16 mbps and not 8, shit I was not receiving even 8 mbps, so had to lodge a complaint.

So should I go the twitter way [Airt3l_Pre$ence] ?

Started the process on 4th of June, tweeted that day. Plan got changed today to Airtel-UL-Rapid New 1399 80GB (8Mbps/512Kbps) COMBO Plan from Airtel-UL-Rapid 1899 80GB (8Mbps/512Kbps) COMBO Plan. 16mbps is not feasible in my area, already knew that for quite long.

Several calls from Airtel CC, trying to convince me new plan is not good for me, won't get the desired speed and blah blah.

But in the end they did change the plan (though after this month's bill got raised), saving Rs. 500/- per month now.

I am in Dwarka Sect 14.

Spedtest result from speedtest.net, test server in Delhi, after plan change.
5397452061.png

Well the first tweet was and flyer image from first post in this thread attached

@Airtel_Presence pls shift meto Airtel-UL-Rapid New1399 80GB(16Mbps/512Kbps)COMBO per oficial flyer DM forA/C detail

Same message as a direct message too but with account number, phone number and my mobile number.

They replied that someone will contact me. Waited for a day, no call from them.

Then I have been after them with messages like "No action. No Call. No Resolution of the issue." twice a day and some more.

Two days later received a call, on call they told all kind of stories already mentioned in this thread, and also tried to convince me speed will drop, this plan is not good for me and all the stuff.

Again no action/response for another two days, more following up and some strict language (no bad words or abuse).

One more call, same story repeated, with more technical explanations, but in the end they agreed to change the plan.

One more day, no action, more followups through twitter, tweets and direct messages. In my final tweet I stated that they are not interested in having me as a long term client with multiple services from them.

Next day, received SMS that plan has been changed.

Checked in my online account with them too to confirm and it says my current plan is "Airtel-UL-Rapid New 1399 80GB (8Mbps/512Kbps) COMBO Plan"

And speed test result once again, done right now
5398644362.png

I also had to tweet many times too before they called me. First they said this plan doesn't exist, later they upgraded. I went from the 120 GB 8 MBPS for around 2100 to 100 GB 8 MBPS for 1599. Saved money!