Airtel Broadband: Recommended firewalls

• Thread starter Thread starter Renny2077
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 6,409
lag of 13mins!!?? most browser timeout in 5mins.anyway i believe u that u r not bot!

sygate.. superb!!

Zone alarm is good but eats lots of resources.Best is NOD32 smart security(antivirus+firewall+anti-spyware) and is also light on system. Very satisfied with it.

@kiran..Sygate.. outdated? yes.. Defunct?? NO WAY!!passes all the security tests there is to pass, is super light on the system and has saved my a** from torjans/spyware for 3 years!

Please read my name first!!Not defunct? I don't know which tests you perform, but it certainly won't pass most of the tests the newer firewalls are subjected to.

I am using EZ internet security suite and it works fine for me.It has a three layer firewall for full protection and antivirus and antispyware work superb.But most of the times I prefer using Ubuntu so no worries about virus and all that.😛

i'm usin ZoneAlarm since its existence n never had any complains. i tried COMODO after this topic arose, and found that COMODO have better and more options for protection (incl file / rootkit etc protection) but regarding ONLY firewall for INTERNET, i didn't find much difference than ZoneAlarm... as i use to install n check new softs, i started feeling little un-easy with comodo because of prompting me everytime (though its a good function), hence i'm back to ZoneAlarm-free....to protect myself, i use -> Nod32, Zonealarm, and Spybot - and with these 3 i think i'm pretty secure and not that hard on resources too...i request and invite comments on this and tips to improve...

well, if u r using a powerful system with at least 2 gigs of RAM then go for Zone alarm.And if ur system aint that powerful then u can try LOOK N STOP or COMODO....look n stop is the lightest firewall available..The best protection is a combination of NOD32 + Zone alarm + Spyware doctoror Kaspersky internet security

well, if u r using a powerful system with at least 2 gigs of RAM then go for Zone alarm.
:rofl:

I'm using Avira + Zone alarm firewal for around 2 years....and i hav only 512 megs of RAM 🙂

i read about spyware doctor and spybot, both are highly recommended but by a little margin, spybot edges out spyware doc.... and also spybot is free...

:rofl:

I'm using Avira + Zone alarm firewal for around 2 years....and i hav only 512 megs of RAM 🙂

Download and install the latest version of Zone alarm which includes anti spyware and stuffs and then lemme know how many days u took to boot ur system with those 512MB??😛