Airtel Broadband: Querie

• Thread starter Thread starter coolboy11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,261

coolboy11

ISP
BSNL
HI I have querie regd Airtel Broadband .. I have a Bsnl(500 Plan night ul frm 2:00 - 8:00 ) connection with me and quite happy with it but the problem is i require a wifi connection , so either way is buy a another wifi modem and continue with bsnl or the other option is to take the Airtel Connection(777 Plan With 2 mbps speed) and have a wifi modem with it.... Wht Shld i DO?One more thing in the airtel it says about 2mbps speed. Is it fast coz they say its up to 2 mbps?? so how much speed usually we getPlease Guide me Through .. ThanksCheersArun

If the modem is on rental, why dont u ask for a wifi modem from BSNL itself than shifting the whole connection to another provider ?? Did u purchase the modem?

members/coolboy11/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Check the tariff plan of Airtel and see whether you have ANY free download time for speed upto 2 Mbps.
Only BSNL gives you upto 2 Mbps speed and free NU 0200-0800 DAILY .
2 mbps Combo 777 ( DELHI ) never go for time based plans.
Monthly Commitment (Rs.) 777
Free Minutes Rs.200
Local Minutes NA
STD minutes NA Broadband
Data Transfer Limit 4 GB
Speed * 2 mbps
CLI Charges (Rs.) Nil Local Pulse Rate (Rs.) 1
Additional BB Usage (Rs. / MB) 0.8/MB
Warning!
SEE you are limited to 4 GB !, which you can d/l in one night with BSNL HOME 500!!

Para two : If you had purchased the modem from BSNL ( mention model/make)
better to buy a wifRouter ( cost around Rs 2000/=) .
Or ask BSNL for a modem/router on rent, wef from July 1st.
( probably you may get Siemens sl2_141 Check wifi availability )
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU

Hi thanks For ur reply🙂actually I have a laptop which has linux installed on it so i needed a wifi modem which wld enable me to work on my pc as well as my laptop..So i am still confused abt the modem which i need to buy frm the market so as i can work on both😕..if i suppose Buy the connection frm Airtel the wifi modem they provide will it enable me to work on linux on my laptop..Thanks For ur efforts in guiding me through..:thumbsup:CheersArun

Better ask BSNL for a Wireless modem/router on rent, explaining your need.
( or exchange the old modemif on rental basis for Type 4 WIFI ).
OS Windows or Linux should not make any difference.
Linux users please confirm.
Option 1 :If you have made up your mind ,for an Airtel connection the Beetel 440BXI wifi should work.
Option 2 : If you own the BSNL modem get Netgear DG834 wifi router.
DG834v1 Support Page
Check for Vista ( if your laptop is dualboot) compatability.

Hithanks for your replies..I further have a query..If tomorrrow i have a wifi router purchased from BSNL or Airtel...and decide to remove the BSNL of Airtel connection..later on...would that router be functional after that ??Or could i reuse that router purchased from BSNL or Airtel if tomorrow i decide to remove my existing airtel or bsnl connection ?Thanks for ur replies...

Yes. Only change is VPI/VCI BSNL 0_35 and Airtel 1_32 ( usual ID/PW etc )Any modem or wireless router can be used for any ISP.

HiI further have a query...Could you please let me know which particular Wifi Modem or Wifi Router to buy ?I need to use it on Windows(Desktop) and Linux machine(Laptop)Thanks in advance ..Arun

Which is the modem you use at present ?
Connect USB port to Desktop and Lan port for Laptop.
( For LINUX OS systems USB drivers difficult to get )
First download the USB drivers to your harddisk .
Connect modem to USB port of desktop computer
Let System detect the modem and follow procedure.
Para two :
If you need to be mobile with your laptop a wif router is needed.
Option 2 : If you own the BSNL modem get Netgear DG834 wifi router.
DG834v1 Support Page

I have not used /tried LINUX OS..