Airtel Broadband: Port Forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter Depman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 59,947

Depman

Does anybody have the solution for port forwarding for the crappy DSL Yozan ethernet modem, please let me know how.Have tried the telnet way outlined in "http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t554.html" but no luck.Shall be eternally grateful!! Most of P2P programs complain about being behind NAT.Dep Mannjava script:emoticon(':angry:')smilie

hi all,

This is my first posting. so I wd like to introduce myself.

Myself Himanshu and I am having airtel home 64 unlimited plan since last 15 days. I use my connection to download movies, games, etc with some p2p softwares. i keep my pc up all the time to download these things. Uptill yesterday i was having USB modem and the dial-up was a problem, so i switched to Ethernet modem. One problem solved, but another started. The ethernet modem is blocking ports used by my p2p softwares.

I called airtel customer care, they said ports can not be unlocked, the problem is at your end, ie in my pc or lan settings. I kept arguing the ports are open from my firewall and the problem is with modem, but everything in vain. finally i hung up and started my serch over internet for the problem. Thats when I found this foum. You guys are doing a beautiful job.

Here, in response to Angad Singh's query, someone had posted a solution to open ports in ADSL Yozan modem. here it is, again.

"
1. telnet to it
$ telnet 192.168.1.1

login and p@$$word "admin"

on the --> prompt
type
---> console enable

now the prompt becomes
192.168.1.1>
at this prompt
try
192.168.1.1> nat inbound add yoon-0 6881/tcp 192.168.1.2

replace yoon-0 with your wan link, 6881 with port # you wanna forward, tcp or udp and 192.168.1.2 with ip of your computer.

You can add any number of port to be forwarded in this manner.

There are delete commands also, but haven't tried them.

To see what you configured:
192.168.1.1> nat inbound list

To save the config try
192.168.1.1> config save

Sometimes, it gives "no such command" for valid commands too. Just do exit and console enable and try again

logout from telnet seesion; i do escape ] and quit.

A manual is also available for ATMOS used in the modem, try the link
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/downloads/fi..._80_console.pdf

"

With a software, eMule, if the TCP port is blocked, it gives you lowID which lowers your priority in downloading.

I tried the above solution, and the port were unlocked. i was a very happy man at that moment.

but, the problem with this solution is as soon as there is a power failure, the modem aslo goes down. When power resumes, all the NAT settings are gone and you have to repeat all the steps again.

Question:
1. Is there any better solution than the above?

2. Can I enable multiple ports in one command, like ports from 2000 to 4000, instead of adding one by one?

3. Can a batch file be made of these telnet commands which can be added to the startup to enable all the required ports?

Please help.

Originally posted by Depman@May 21 2005, 12:16 PM
Does anybody have the solution for port forwarding for the crappy DSL Yozan ethernet modem, please let me know how.Have tried the telnet way outlined in \"http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t554.html\"  but no luck.
Shall be eternally grateful!! Most of P2P programs complain about being behind NAT.

Dep Mannjava script:emoticon(':angry:')
smilie
[snapback]9741[/snapback]
[/quote]

Keep an eye on this topic
https://broadband.forum/Hosting_a_web_ser...n_DSL-t554.html

i'm using the "YOZAN web distributor 1" modem.....even i had issues with P2P softwares...with other modems.....tired 5 different modems....& have settled for the Web Dist 1......altough it has old drivers.....it rawks....( connects to USB )

Hey The link "http://forum.seo4india.com/lofiversion/index.php/t554.html" does not work.Could you post the telnet method.I'd like to try it.Though edonkey shows reachable & torrent clients with UPnP seem to work fine but when I used programs that check whether a port is open or not,they show the bittorrent ports as closed or stealth.Azureus though gives NAT error.Though on my unlimited 128kbps connection I download 1 GB daily,I am not sure if I could get better speeds if the ports are forwarded properly.I switched zonealarm for sygate,which some performance jump though.Help me guys.Thanks.

I have finally found the solution to port forwarding. Its a script. I was looking for a script , something like a batch file, which can be executed at the startup.
The Yozan modem cannot save the port forwarding commands, so u have to run them everytime at startup.

Okay, so here is the process:

1. Download the Telnet scripting tool v1.0 from http://www.theworldsend.net/TST10.zip or http://users.telenet.be/tontonzen/gg/TST10.zip.

If not available at these locations, the google for it.

2. Create a .txt file with the commands:

192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "Login: "
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password: "
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "-->"
SEND "console enable\m\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "nat inbound add yoon-0 80/tcp 192.168.1.9\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "nat inbound add yoon-0 4661/tcp 192.168.1.9\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "nat inbound add yoon-0 49124/udp 192.168.1.9\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "config save\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "nat inbound list\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "exit\m\m"
WAIT "-->"
SEND "user logout\m\m"

where:
192.168.1.1 is the IP of ur modem. Its by default 192.168.1.1

WAIT "Login: "
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password: "
SEND "admin\m"

the default admin username and pwd for connectin to ur modem. By default its admin and admin.

SEND "nat inbound add yoon-0 4661/tcp 192.168.1.9\m"

yoon -0 is the name of the modem. In yozan modems, its yoon-0
80/tcp is the port no (4661) and the protocol (tcp)
SEND "config save\m" save the settings in modems memory. This will not be saved permanently.

Note: always forward port 80 of TCP for no problem show.

Add all the ports you want to forwarded. Each "nat inbound" command should be followed by:
WAIT ">"

3. Create a batch file with the following command:

c:\tst10.exe /r:c:\script.txt

where:

c:\tst10.exe is the path of the tst10.exe (telnet scripting tool) and
c:\script.txt is the path of script file

4. Create a shortcut of this batch file in the windows startup folder.

that's it. so enjoy ur broadband intetrnet. B)

If u have any problems, add ur reply to this post. I'll try to help u out.

I was searching for just this script, like few months ago. But with the Rfc1483 bridged connection, I'll gladly stay away from this script. Besides, the script method wasn't as bt-port-forwarding friendly as the bridged one.

Originally posted by SiriusB@Feb 12 2006, 04:18 PM
I was searching for just this script, like few months ago. But with the Rfc1483 bridged connection, I'll gladly stay away from this script. Besides, the script method wasn't as bt-port-forwarding friendly as the bridged one.
[snapback]41895[/snapback]
[/quote]

The bridged connection becomes like a dial-up conection which keeps on breaking. I tried that also. With this script, the connection wont be a dialup.

Anyone who does not want to face the problems of dialup connetion, can try this. I am using this script for more than 5 months. my PC gets automatically shut down when power goes off and again automatically starts when it comes. I needed a method which can automtically start up my net. with dialup it sometimes worked and may times failed. This has never happened with this script. I found this as the best solution for port fwding.

Hello,
I am attaching my router configuration page No where on this page I can see the NAT option from where I can forward the ports. Have checked all the links in the page. Can anyone pls help ????

type the follwing into your web browser and u will get all the advanced settings192.168.1.1/main.htmlTO setup port forwarding goto advanced>>NAT