• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 4,846

hitman

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I have beetel 220bx modem ... I have already set up port forwarding in tht .. and it was working perfectly fine ..Recently I installed a new WRT160N router .. Since "automatic configuration-DHCP" was not working so I have to chose "Static IP" option for setup .. In tht I gave the modem ip, gateway and dns as 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 ..My routers config IP is 10.10.10.1 ..I want to set port forwarding in tht .. So when I goto tht option .. it ask me for external port, internal port, protocol and to ip address ..For port and protocol we can give the application port and protocol..but for "to ip address" when I try to give 10.10.10.1 then I get this message "You can't use the router's ip, network or broadcast address" ..I can't give 192.168.1.2 there cos 10.10.10 fields r already filled and I just can enter the last number ..I tried giving the IP which is assigned to my laptop by dhcp server i.e 10.10.10.101 .. still no use..So can anyone pls help ..

I can help if you are willing to use DMZ instead of forwarding chosen ports. Port forwarding can be a bit of a pain especially when there are 2 routers involved.
You solve your immediate issue consult PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall