Airtel Broadband: Port Forwarding In Beetel 220bx

1.Mention model/make of your Wifi router
=Netgear WGR614v6

2.confirm PF setup in Beetel 220Bx is working fine
=How do i confirm this ? when it's not working ! Do you want me to connect the laptop directlt to beetel 220bx without Wifi ?

3."QUICKFIX" change Rj45 cable from Beetel 220Bx to wifi router any LAN port instead of WAN port !
=but that way internet won't work at all, i guess ! (I haven't tried it, but that'smy guess, so will try it now)

hi rajeev, i'm using the same wifi router as you are and the same modem too but on airtel broadband. even when all the settings seem correct port forwarding just does not work. i have confirmed that separately both routers are forwarding correctly but when used together, they mess up. have you found any solution?

@perryizgr8
i have confirmed that separately both routers are forwarding correctly
SAME COMBINATION HERE. . 110bx1 AND WGR614v6.
Please explain how you checked PF with wifi router.

@perryizgr8

SAME COMBINATION HERE. . 110bx1 AND WGR614v6.
Please explain how you checked PF with wifi router.
i connected two laptops and a wifi cellphone to the wifi network and set up a server on one of them. i was able to access the server from the other laptop and the phone too. so i guess it means that the wifi router is forwarding correctly. also, i have 220bx adsl router and wgr614v7 wlan router.

----------

now there seems to be some wierdness. earlier(1 day ago) when i connected my pc directly to bx220 and set up port forwarding, it worked good. just now i tried it again and its not working. i suppose there is a bug in bx220, it works sometimes and not other times.

i connected two laptops and a wifi cellphone to the wifi network and set up a server on one of them.

Explain whether LAN1 LAN2 ports of WGR614 , were used for the laptops.
1.Which application you need to do Port forwarding / port Nos ?
2.or
you are hosting a WEB server ?

3. How do you connect / In "Dialup Mode " or "Always On " mode.

4. Presume Beetel 220BX+WGR614 both were connected when you accessed the "server"

5. Please mention OS used is XP. or LINUX when trying a set up.
Not familiar with Linux OS.

Explain whether LAN1 LAN2 ports of WGR614 , were used for the laptops.
1.Which application you need to do Port forwarding / port Nos ?
2.or
you are hosting a WEB server ?

3. How do you connect / In "Dialup Mode " or "Always On " mode.

4. Presume Beetel 220BX+WGR614 both were connected when you accessed the "server"

5. Please mention OS used is XP. or LINUX when trying a set up.
Not familiar with Linux OS.

No LAN ports on the wifi router were used. Only the internet port on the wifi router was connected to the ethernet port on the bx220. All computers were connected to the Netgear wifi router using wireless.

1. Usually I need to forward ports for utorrent or vuze.
2. Just for testing the router I hosted a media streaming server on one laptop. The port I chose for the server, I set up for forwarding in the wifi router.
3. Always on.
4. Yes, bx220 was constantly connected. But since I was accessing computers only on the wifi network, data was only going through netgear router, not bx220.
5. I used both for testing and both gave the same result. Also, port forwarding is basically the same on both linux and windows.

RECALL:
i'm using the same wifi router as you are and the same modem too but on airtel broadband. even when all the settings seem correct port forwarding just does not work. i have confirmed that separately both routers are forwarding correctly but when used together, they mess up. have you found any solution?
Now :
4. Yes, bx220 was constantly connected. But since I was accessing computers only on the wifi network, data was only going through Netgear router, not bx220.
In that case Beetel 220Bx can be switched off !

i was not very clear. for port forwarding to work properly, the ports you want should be exposed on *the internet*. that is, if i know your ip, and your port forwarding is working properly, i should be able to connect to your computer by using your ip and the port that you have exposed from anywhere in the world.the problem here is, that *both* routers have to forward without conflicting. first the wifi router should expose the ports to all the devices on the wireless network and the adsl bx220 also (so that bx220 can access your computer if it knows your internal ip and the opened port). then the bx220 has to open the same ports so that you are accessible from the internet. that is, i can use your ip and opened port to access your computer from anywhere in the world.since i tested machines on the same internal wireless network of Netgear router and ports were accessible, that means netgear is forwarding ports correctly to all devices in its network (including bx220). since, in this case, data does not need to go to the internet (outside the wireless network), whether bx220 is on or off it just does not matter (in this experiment). but when you try to access the ports from outside the netgear wireless network (that is, from the internet), you cannot reach because bx220 does not properly forward the ports.again, if only bx220 is used forwarding works perfectly (because there is no other router for conflicts).