• Thread starter Thread starter prakhar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,909

prakhar

ISP
Airtel
Hello

I will like to know Airtel Broadband policy on out of warranty modems as well as the adapters.?

Also what is the warranty period offered for Modems ?

Can a customer purchase any other modem and use it with Airtel Broadband connection ? And if yes, which one should be brought?

Please answer my queries at the earliest.

Thankyou,

you mean to say that you purchased the model from airtel instead of renting it?

When the warranty is over, it's over. He wants to know about the warranty offered by Airtel and the list of;third party modems that are compatible with Airtel Broadband.

well. if he did not purchase the modem from airtel and it went bad on its own (you did not smash it like i did with one of the modems i have owned in the past), airtel would replace it for free. that is what i understand their policy is. otherwise. i would believe that the warranty on owned modems should be 1 year.

Yeah i want to know about the warranty offered by Airtel and the list of third party modems that are compatible with Airtel Broadband.The Airtel CCE says my modem is out of warranty, so they wont replace it. They tell me to buy it from Beetle Vendor. They gave me the address of the local vendor.I want to confirm is this the new policy. I mean if modem goes bust every time, i have to purchase a modem every time ? I have not paid any rent for Modem given by Airtel ever. Its not included in the monthly bill and neither have they asked for the same.

well i do know one thing... airtel has totally outsourced modem/phone hardware to beetel. you would not get it from them. you pay beetel guys cash for the stuff. they give you a bill and that probably is connected to your warranty. so your case seems pretty much on the spot. your modem is probably more than one year old. so they are not going to replace it for free. your options are buying it from beetel. i think they charge 750 for modem and 1500 for modem with wifi. have no clue about third party modems but there should be plenty that should work fine with airtel.

@operamanaicyes you are right in regard to the out of warranty modem. So today the airtel engineer came and detected the problem in the modem. There was a genuine issue with the modem.So he told me to buy the Beetel non- wif imodem for 750 and wifi modem for rs 1500. so i bought the non-wifi modem ( since i already have Netgear ROUTER) for rs 750, there in there. He gave me a new Beetel 110TC 1 modem. He configured it and now my net is working.I will like to know where can i get the latest firmware for the above mentioned modem. The firmware version showing in the modem is T1B-0Q-005. Whereas the latest one is T1B-0Q-013. How should i update it ? Should i call AIRTEL CCE and tell him to upgrade it ?

@operamanaic

yes you are right in regard to the out of warranty modem.

So today the airtel engineer came and detected the problem in the modem. There was a genuine issue with the modem.

So he told me to buy the Beetel non- wif imodem for 750 and wifi modem for rs 1500.

so i bought the non-wifi modem ( since i already have Netgear ROUTER) for rs 750, there in there.

He gave me a new Beetel 110TC 1 modem. He configured it and now my net is working.

I will like to know where can i get the latest firmware for the above mentioned modem. The firmware version showing in the modem is T1B-0Q-005. Whereas the latest one is T1B-0Q-013.

How should i update it ? Should i call AIRTEL CCE and tell him to upgrade it ?

You can take the risk. the most that can happen is it getting bricked, you can flash it again.